ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Aliador Sourcebook Update
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Aliador Sourcebook Update
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:06 pm  
    Aliador Sourcebook Update

Hello,

Just to let you know this is not forgotten!

From the darkest corners of the Cafe de Nuit

Desdichado wrote:
    Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:
    If you think 2 months is a long time to write 5 pages, I have been working on a group of articles soince the beginning of the year and none of them are nearing completion! Sisters of the Night, War of the World 3E, Graf Orlock, Dorian Grey, Jekyll & Hyde, etc... All of them have been in the work (along with some others) longer than I like, but work has been slow on them. However, it does mean I have got to read some nice classic novels a few times over, lol.

*Laughs bitterly*

I have a 90% finished Greyhawk Sourcebook on my desk, looking for time to reread and correct it since last november.

Evil

I am really taking an effort to complete it these days, but it's so much material that I am feeling a bit desperate at the moment...

But I am still on that project and I'll certainly continue with it!

:)

Rafael

Ah, and If you didn't know, whenever you stumble over a guy called Desdichado on a Blackmoor or Ravenloft board, it's me!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:12 am  

Quit posting and get writing Rafael... Yer gettin lazy Laughing

Maraudar
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:41 pm  

Cool As soon as I've finished my university works (one week or two from now, I hope) I might really withdraw from the boards for some time tto finish that darn project... Wink
    Mad Archmage of the Oerth Journal

Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:52 pm  

I look forward to seeing it Ivid. Have you given any thought into anyone editing the material after you finish for errors and the like?
    http://www.oerthjournal.com http://www.greyhawkonline.com/duicarthan
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:41 am  

Not until now... I had discused this earlier with *TheocratIsaak*, but this was about a year ago... If you're interested in proofreading it, I'd be delighted... Although it might take a while until the book is completed...

But one thing I can promise: IF this ever comes to be complete, this will be a blast... I have the feeling that I am behind something really big here... rolleyes

Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:48 pm  
    Aliador?

Is this sourcebook going to be Greyhawk-related?

~Scott C.
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:16 pm  

The Aliador sourcebook is somewhat like the output of my previous Greyhawk campaigns, and was meant to cover the history of Vecna's War as I see it, as well as the Underdark of the Griff Mountains through history. But the main part of it was supposed to explain what had happened to the elder elves and why noone has heard from them since about 1500 years ago...

I just don't know what to do about this... It's so much material... :help:
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:13 pm  

Hey, guys!

Since I recently received a PM on this project, perhaps not a bad time to tell you what became of it, ten years later. Smile

Well, I finished it, and I have some 40+ pages of notes floating around somewhere, but it was really, like most stuff one writes in his early twenties, more a declaration of goodwill, than something that I would consider readable today by any standards.

More than that, it would be my farewell to Greyhawk, because shortly after I posted this thread here, I got involved with Dave Arneson's Blackmoor, became acquainted with Greg, Jared, and Havard, and the rest, pardon the epic tone, is history. Wink

What remained from the project, within my own games, were two things: 1. My love for rather exotic locations, and 2. the core concept of the main location, which is a subterranean kingdom surrounded by an underwater lake, under a giant mountain. The structure I am using for a very particular location in my current PBP, "The Coward's Blade", is pretty much the Aliador dungeon I created for Kol'gubsula... Or, what was its name, again? Smile

- That's not meant as some sort of cheap pitch. More like, every DM has this set of basic visuals for his own vision of fantasy; and from the many books I've read, from the many adventures I've run, this one has stuck, the same way my orcs ill always have pig-heads, thanks to those Zelda comics I read in elementary school. Smile

...Thinking about it, "Aliador dungeon" was based on a map related to a piece about the old "Hold of Stonefist". I can't remember if it was an official, or an unoffical source, though. Can you help me finding that one, again? Smile
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: