ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Blackthorns
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Blackthorns
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:32 pm  
    Blackthorns

Hello all,

I was hoping for added depth to the Blackthorn humanoid tribes of the Gnarley Forest. I know they appear in Slavers, and in the Greyhawk City box-set, but the info provided seems very vague. I'd like to make good use of this material, and I could use some imput.

Who's in charge? What are their goals? How do they keep from being located? Who are they allied with? Who unified them? How do they stay unified? What are they waiting for, and who are they targeting? Do they have a shield device like the Hobgoblins of the Pomarj? What doe sit look like? Why haven't they been targeted by Dyvers, Greyhawk, or the Gnarley Rangers?

Can I hear your warstories? Campaign thots? Is there any other info out there about this tribe? Have I missed anything here at Canonfire?

I look forward to your aid and suggestions. Thanks in advance.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:31 am  

My thoughts and ideas for my home Campaign is that Blackthorn beside being a humanoid lair is a gateway to the underdark.

That means that the humanoids can have resources and income from down under as well as raiding the surrounding lands, which make then an annoyance more than a threat. I also see them as convenient gatekeepers for the powers “down under” that keep threats from the surface away or at least warn them about elves or humans on a mission to clear the underdark.

Who is running the realm under the Gnarley I haven’t decided yet, Drow’s are a prime candidat in a way because they want to have a way to spy on the biggest antagonists’, the crown of Elvendom in the Flanaess, Celene.

Just my thoughts.

Anna
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:41 am  

Anna wrote:
    My thoughts and ideas for my home Campaign is that Blackthorn beside being a humanoid lair is a gateway to the underdark.

That means that the humanoids can have resources and income from down under as well as raiding the surrounding lands, which make then an annoyance more than a threat. I also see them as convenient gatekeepers for the powers “down under” that keep threats from the surface away or at least warn them about elves or humans on a mission to clear the underdark.

Who is running the realm under the Gnarley I haven’t decided yet, Drow’s are a prime candidat in a way because they want to have a way to spy on the biggest antagonists’, the crown of Elvendom in the Flanaess, Celene.

Just my thoughts.

Anna

I've had some similar thoughts, Anna.

There's a product out there called Corwyl that details a wood elven village. It has some intrigue to it, including some problems with the drow and an entrance to the Underdark that has long been hidden and forgotten. I've got some long term ideas for using it and though it is not a Greyhawk product, it works well in the Gnarley--ties in well with Oakvein and the loremasters there. Even though Oakvein appears on the maps, the descriptions of it say that you really can't find the place unless the Loremasters want you to, so you can relocate it to suit, or hide it in plain sight Happy

Theala
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: