JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Twin expeditions
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Twin expeditions
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:31 pm  
    Twin expeditions

Although, there is another thread dealing with Expedition to Castle Greyhawk. I was wondering why nobody noticed that there is a Return to Demonweb Pits, if this is like the precursor Q1, it will have Greyhawk content (at least one hopes so, especially as Erik was writing the Guides for the Abyss & Hell).

But, I notice they are not under Greyhawk line rather the generic D&D line...I hope this does not hurt their Greyhawk content.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:52 pm  

Generic Drow info i imagine..they've yet to do an underdark book for 3.5 yet to my knowledge, so probable some of that too.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:41 pm  

Wolgang Baur has the answer to your question in this thread:

http://paizo.com/dungeon/messageboards/generalDiscussion/expeditionToTheDemonwebPits

Aside from the title, it looks like the Greyhawk material will be minimal...
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:41 pm  

Arnok wrote:
    Generic Drow info i imagine..they've yet to do an underdark book for 3.5 yet to my knowledge, so probable some of that too.

And here's your link to the upcoming generic 3.5 Drow sourcebook... Smile

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndacc/957267200
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:27 am  

Quote:
    Halisstra Had Failed in Her Quest

Halisstra Melarn, convert to the cause of the goddess Eilistraee, was sent to the deepest depths of the Outer Planes to kill the demon goddess she once worshiped, but instead was transformed into a hideous creature bent to the vengeful will of her former mistress. For the Queen of the Demonweb Pits not only survived her Silence but evolved into something greater than she was before -- something that no longer needs to share the domain she calls her own.

Could it be that the War of the Spider Queen has just begun?

This is my big fear regarding Expedition to Demonweb when it is not grounded in the original Greyhawk adventure.
    GreySage

Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:21 am  
    Re: Twin expeditions

kafka wrote:
    (at least one hopes so, especially as Erik was writing the Guides for the Abyss & Hell).

Erik co-wrote Hordes of the Abyss, but he had nothing to do with Tyrants of the Nine Hells.
    GreySage

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:14 pm  

It's completely new. Unlike the Castle Ravenloft one, this isn't a remake of an older module.

According to Wolfgang Baur in this thread:

Quote:

Yeah, I wrote this one, but unlike Ravenloft, the goal was not to remake Q1. It's a plane-hopping adventure in the Abyss, though, and that's not a bad thing.

I was fortunate that I had an advance copy of the Fiendish Codex to work with as well; some of that material shows up in the adventure.

Uh, I wrote roughly 140,000 words, and Gwendolyn did 30,000 or so. So, I think that makes it a 224-page hardcover, just like Ravenloft. It covers levels 9 to 12, and has a metric ton of tactical maps, combat breakouts, more than a dozen new monsters. It is filled with creepy evil goodness. :)

Unfortunately, it was written in an incredible hurry, to meet a tough deadline, so those are all the details I can remember.... ;)

I forget whether it's completely generic (it's been 7 months since I touched it), but it is a planar adventure, so really, it doesn't require you to go through G1-3 and D1-3 first. :)

There's a nod to Erelhei-Cinlu (since that's the drow city I always default to), but really, it's not about the material plane. It's about the Abyss, and a few other places.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:38 am  

kafka wrote:
    Quote:
    Halisstra Had Failed in Her Quest

Halisstra Melarn, convert to the cause of the goddess Eilistraee, was sent to the deepest depths of the Outer Planes to kill the demon goddess she once worshiped, but instead was transformed into a hideous creature bent to the vengeful will of her former mistress. For the Queen of the Demonweb Pits not only survived her Silence but evolved into something greater than she was before -- something that no longer needs to share the domain she calls her own.

Could it be that the War of the Spider Queen has just begun?

This is my big fear regarding Expedition to Demonweb when it is not grounded in the original Greyhawk adventure.

Sorry to say, but if that is a quote to promote the Expedition to the Demon Web then the adventure will be solidly grounded in the Forgotten Realms through a link to the War of the Spider Queen novels. Looking at Baur's quotes though, it might just give nods to any drow stuff on any world as basic link to them all.
    GreySage

Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:00 pm  

Cebrion wrote:
    if that is a quote to promote the Expedition to the Demon Web

It isn't. That's from the blurb for the FR novel Sacrifice of the Widow. It was kafka's "big fear" that it might be linked to that series, but I think his fear is unfounded.
    GreySage

Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:42 pm  

This book should have Erelhei-Cinlu prominently represented, however:

Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: