ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Prymp: No City for Sissies
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop
    Prymp: No City for Sissies
    Master Greytalker

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:53 pm  
    Prymp: No City for Sissies

A very nice entry; love the city gazetteer style Smile

The read was very interesting and meshed with established canon; plus it added some nice additions to the character of Prymp such as the (LE) legal code; especially the entries dealing with the various guilds, including the growing financial and criminal tensions, no wonder the military keeps a tight control on the city.

The piece does mention the use of pegasus by the military; this seems to be out of place in the (LE) disciplined but brutal army, might I suggest wyvern as a subsitute.

Personally I would have like to see more vicious, slavery is underground for image reasons and yet Nerull worship is sort of openly accepted?

Religion is nicely done but I would think being the major ocean port of Ahlissa that Procan would be prominent and no write up, hardly a passing mention. The collective festival was nice but I find it hard to see Hextor and Heironeous priest worshipping together especially using "mock combat" imagine the chance for so-called accidents?

Overall a very good read Happy
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:57 pm  
    Woo...feedback

I just discovered this forum! Thanks, Crag!

>The piece does mention the use of pegasus by the military; this seems >to be out of place in the (LE) disciplined but brutal army, might I >suggest wyvern as a subsitute.

Wyverns are a lot tougher than pegasi and, IMC, less common.

>Personally I would have like to see more vicious, slavery is >underground for image reasons and yet Nerull worship is sort of openly >accepted?

They may not like Nerull, but Pantheon is Pantheon.

>Religion is nicely done but I would think being the major ocean port of >Ahlissa that Procan would be prominent and no write up, hardly a >passing mention.

I could have, and should have wrote about how worship of Procan was tied to the old Provincial Navy/pirate fleet. As Ahlissa has attempted to change perceptions of their navy, so has the importance of Procan been downplayed.

>The collective festival was nice but I find it hard to see Hextor and >Heironeous priest worshipping together especially using "mock combat" >imagine the chance for so-called accidents?

I particularly wanted to include that. As Heironeous and Hextor are not diametrically opposed to each other, I'm suggesting their roles are actually complimentary.
    Master Greytalker

Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:03 pm  

Thanks for the reply Scottenkainen Wink

I still don't see procan as the image problem especially given he is the chief oeridian sea god.

As for the wyvern; In Ivid the Undying the main aerial forces employed by the GK (outside of demonic) seems to be dragons and wyverns. Dragons I felt was too powerful and since Baron Shalaster has a war wyvern and wyverns are present in southern ahlissa; wyvern made more sense but to each their own.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:26 am  
    Good points

Hi all,

>I still don't see procan as the image problem especially given he is the chief oeridian sea god.<

Chief sea god of a people embarassed by what they've done at sea?

>As for the wyvern; In Ivid the Undying the main aerial forces employed by the GK (outside of demonic) seems to be dragons and wyverns.<

From a canon perspective, I concede your victory. My anti-wyvern bias has been revealed.

~Scott "-enkainen" Casper

Yak-Men make good wyvern burgers...
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:24 am  

Excellent article Scott. You've done some really nice things with the role religion and the various factions and groups play in the city's life.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:55 am  
    Aw...the cute puppy dog likes it!

Thanks, other Scott. Love that positive feedback!

~Scott "-enkainen" Casper

Yak-Men only wear gnome hats to birthday parties...
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: