JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Religion in the Uleks
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Religion in the Uleks
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:26 pm  
    Religion in the Uleks

Okay, I've decided I'm staing my campaign in the Uleks, probably in the Duchy of. However, I need to know what religions would be found in the Uleks, especially for humans, so that I know what the priests would likely be followers of. The fact that the County (I believe) has a druidical heirarchy means lots of Obad-Hai and maybe Ehlonna, I would imagine. But, what else? There's lots of farming, and lots of "provincial" feel, so what deities would fit in here? Pelor? Rao? Fharlaghan? St. Cuthbert?

Ideas, please.
    Master Greytalker

Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:00 am  

The first source I would turn to is the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer. Each major religions worshipped within the various kingdoms is listed. If you don't have this book I highly recommend you pick one up.

The County of Ulek lists the following deities: Berei, Beory, Ehlonna, and Obad-Hai.

The Duchy of Ulek lists the following deities: Elf pantheon (all elvish deities), Ehlonna, Phaulkon, Phyton, Beory, Fharlanghn, Kord, and the gnome pantheon.

Hope this helps.

EileenProphetofIstus
    Master Greytalker

Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:40 am  

Ask and ye shall receive....

Human Deities in the Ulek States
    Atroa
    Beory
    Berei
    Celestian
    Ehlonna
    Fharlanghn
    Fortubo
    Heironeous
    Jascar
    Kord
    Lirr
    Lydia
    Myhriss
    Norebo
    Obad-hai
    Olidammara
    Osprem
    Phaulkon
    Phyton
    St. Cuthbert
    Telchur
    Ulaa

Non-Human Deities in the Ulek States
    Abbathor
    Aerdrie Faenya
    Baervan Wildwanderer
    Baravar Cloakshadow
    Berronar
    Clanggedin Silverbeard
    Corellon Larethian
    Dumathoin
    Erevan Ilesere
    Flandal Steelskin
    Gaerdal Ironhand
    Garl Glittergold
    Hanali Celanil
    Ilneval
    Labelas Enoreth
    Laduguer
    Moradin
    Muamman Duathal
    Rillifane Rallathil
    Segojan Earthcaller
    Sehanine
    Solonor Thelandira
    Vergadain
    Yondalla

Let me know if you need this broken down by County/Duchy/Principality.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:29 am  

Thanks guys. This is exactly what I wanted. I'm thinking of using Fharlaghan for the human deity for preists, and maybe having some preists of Ehlonna running around. Since my group of players has never even played D&D before, I'm making a bunch of pre-made characters for them to choose from to start.
    Master Greytalker

Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:41 am  

May Istus bless your campaign with the best of luck, but forwarn your group she knows the future and has bestowed upon her Prophet the following:

Great dangers will lie in the shadowy halls of the 4th dungeon ye shall enter, lives will be lost, yet one regained. Beware the floor, what lives beneath shall scream a terrible cry and success shall be minimal.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:55 am  
    Re: Religion in the Uleks

SUPrUNown wrote:
    Okay, I've decided I'm staing my campaign in the Uleks, probably in the Duchy of. However, I need to know what religions would be found in the Uleks, especially for humans, so that I know what the priests would likely be followers of. The fact that the County (I believe) has a druidical heirarchy means lots of Obad-Hai and maybe Ehlonna, I would imagine. But, what else? There's lots of farming, and lots of "provincial" feel, so what deities would fit in here? Pelor? Rao? Fharlaghan? St. Cuthbert?

Ideas, please.

If you do a search on the main article database, you should be able to find my articles on religion in the County of Ulek.

Within the County, you get Berei (as goddess of agriculture) a lot; with tension with Beory, Obad-hai and Ehlonna.

The Duchy of Ulek is unusual in that part of the world as being a place that encourages arcane magic; Keoland is very suspicious of such magics, the dwarves of the Principality don't use it much, and the County is druidical!

Where the County is druidical (tending Berei), the Principality gives more of a balance between clerical and druidical magic. Ehlonna is preeminent. (I don't use the elvish pantheon much in my campaign, preferring the pre-UA version of Ehlonna being the goddess of the elves).

Cheers,
    Merric
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: