ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Iggwilv's Legacy, Part III Posted
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Iggwilv's Legacy, Part III Posted
    CF Admin

Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:36 pm  
    Iggwilv's Legacy, Part III Posted

Hi, all.

Chapter three of Iggwilv's Legacy has been posted at Wizards of the Coast. It is added to the back end of the last file they posted, like Chapter two was.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/duad/20071012

Happy gaming.

Don (Greyson)
    Master Greytalker

Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:57 am  

Yeah, Sure. If you can get to it. So far the bugs have prevented me from getting to the material. But the Help section (which you get to create a seperate profile and login for) promises to respond in a few days.

Maybe they should have adopted the Canonfire admins...
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:15 am  

I just read through this one. Not horribly impressed. As I had mentioned in the 'part II' thread, I don't have the original to compare it to - I just don't think it stacks up the way they adjusted it for 3e. Only about 5% of the encounters pose any threat to the pcs. With the current CR system, there are just too many things that are not a challenge (and little to no xp) for pc's of a certain level. 4 eleventh level pcs going up against several CR 3 creatures? It just loses itself in a literal translation from 1st edition.
    Of course, my complaints are about the mechanics themselves, the Hawk lore is good, quite good, I though. Kudos to the writers for that.

Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:41 pm  

What's with Drelzna being a samurai?
    GreySage

Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:08 pm  

I wouldn't interpret the samurai class literally. She has a particular set of abilities, but she probably doesn't call herself a samurai, or follow the Bushido code or anything.

I was more interested in the alternate worlds you end up in from room 9. In the original module, these were a Greek mythology world with centaurs, a mysterious, timeless, nigh-infinite temple with mysterious chanting in the background, a maze with minotaurs in it, and a room where you have to fight endless automatons. Now they're a demon centaur in a valley on what is probably either a layer of the Abyss or one of the moons, a sphinx, a single minotaur in a maze, and a medusa. Some of them might still exist on a world of Greek mythology, in theory, but there's nothing as cool as the Hall of Pentacles from the original. The "solutions" to the puzzles are a bit clumsier this time around - "the pillar doesn't work until the medusa is dead" doesn't have the same flair as "you can get back by wearing one of the empty helms."
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:10 am  

Robbastard wrote:
    What's with Drelzna being a samurai?

No idea. But now I'm so tempted to add a pile of Death Note and Bleach manga volumes to her treasure pile. Laughing

But anyway....

Yeah, this section didn't blow me away like the first one did. I was kinda expecting the abyssal horror that you only get when an insanely powerful witch starts screwing about with things best left un-screwed. Instead I we get a somewhat ordinary dungeon crawl.

There were so many chances for some real shocks here. One I though of was with the Salamander. They say he's gone insane, but all they do to show it is have him leap to the attack like pretty much every other monster in the Caverns. I would have had him as false friend or something, who claims to help the PCs, but when he gets one alone, tries to turn them into armour. Stuff like that could have really made the adventure.

It's not a bad adventure, just rather shockingly average for one of it's pedigree.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:13 am  

My feelings are rather along the lines above but on a slightly less negative tone.

As for the horror tone there is still one more part for the deeper dungeon to be posted (something that totally confused me as now we are waiting for four part of a three chaptered story :-) ) so perhaps that is where the true horror of the witch-queen's experiments will be unleashed
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:41 am  

Four parts? Since when?

I thought the adventure ended when you splatted the samurai pizza vampire and took her stuff?
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: