Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Question: Submitting Conversions to Canonfire?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Canonfire! & GreyTalk Support and Feedback
    Question: Submitting Conversions to Canonfire?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:41 am  
    Question: Submitting Conversions to Canonfire?

I am working (and have been for over a year) on converting some of my older 1e books to 3e. To whom would I submit my work to have it posted here? Would it be best to post it on the forums or email them to an admin?

I am converting spells at the moment, but I hope to get a whole bunch of my 1e Greyhawk "stuff" (magic items, spells, etc.) converted over to 3e. The biggest problem is I am not sure what WotC has already converted in some cases. It's not deterring me because I think WotC doesn't have Greyhawk's best interests in mind when converting (mostly because TSR and WotC have stolen a lot of what was Greyhawk's and given it to other "Realms". ;) Anyway, I'm new to these here boards although I am a longtime member and reader here.

Proverbs 3:3
    CF Admin

Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:16 am  

hmm, you know, we really don't have an area for submissions of that sort. We'd deffinately host them though. Perhaps we could discuss creating a new section for Greyhawk conversion tonight at the Greychat.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:33 pm  

Did anything ever come of these conversions?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:39 am  

Quote:
    Did anything ever come of these conversions?

Unfortunately, no. I had worked on them for quite some time while my frustrations with 3e grew. DM'ing the game became more like work and less like a creative outlet.

In March 2005, I found the Castles & Crusades game and converted the group to that -- but not until I had to take a year off from gaming due to my wife's cancer diagnosis. When she got a little better in early 2006, we gamed a bit but then the cancer got worse and she lost her fight in May 2007.

So, real life has come down hard. Our 5 year old son has gotten into it, though. He and my mom-in-law began gaming with me back in March '07.

Since I have discovered C&C, I am not going back to 3e. I still use my 3e books, but C&C has validated my 1e & 2e collection and I can convert those two editions to C&C on the fly. I love that it is a "bridge" game that is 95% compatible with OD&D, BECMI D&D, RC D&D, 1e AD&D, & 2e AD&D and 75% compatible with 3e/3.5e D&D. It also rocks because all of my GH sources work perfectly well with the game.
    Master Greytalker

Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 am  

Sorry to hear about your difficulties, my friend. Glad you're getting a little joy out of life.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:57 pm  

For the record, if anyone wants to submit similar material:

If it's big enough to be a proper article, just click on "submit article" in the menu.
    <---- over there, toward the top

Paste the material into the form and submit, after an admin reviews it, it gets in the queue to be posted.

If it's short bits of odds and ends. The forum is probably the best place, especially the subforum dedicated to the system you are converting to. But there are no hard and fast rules, this general discussion forum is fine too.

PM me or any of the other admins, or click on the feedback link in the menu
    <--- also over there, near the top
    to contact us for additional help.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Canonfire! & GreyTalk Support and Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
    You can reply to topics in this forum
    You can edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Canonfire! is a production of the Thursday Group in assocation with GREYtalk and Canonfire! Enterprises

Contact the Webmaster.  Long Live Spidasa!

Greyhawk Gothic Font by Darlene Pekul is used under the Creative Commons License.

PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2005 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL. PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license.
    Page Generation: 0.32 Seconds