Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Music and gaming.
    Canonfire Forum Index -> The Backalley
    Music and gaming.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:53 am  
    Music and gaming.

I took a cursory glance around to see if this topic was already in play but couldn't find anything, so...

The topic is music and gaming. Do they come together for you? Do you have background music on when your group is together or do you find it a distraction and don't bother.

I do play some music, not too loudly so it gets in the way, but just loud enough so it lends a particular mood to the atmosphere. For years I have been playing the music of Tomita. His recordings are of classical pieces interpreted on synthesizers. His work is so varied that I can use it in different settings and it fits perfectly.
    CF Admin

Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:04 am  

I often use the Conan soundtrack by Basil Poledouris, but have also used Thunderstorm Audio, Celtic, and Tribal music depending on the environment, all of which I bought at the local Bookworld for af ew bucks a piece.

Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:28 am  

My group also uses soundtracks, Celtic stuff and favourite classics-Mahler, Dvorak and Holst. For a battle, on goes the heavy stuff; and as a rock music buff (I have even more cd's than I do gaming stuff Shocked ) the choice is vast. As a DM, there's no better sensation than beating the stuffing out of a party while Deep Purple, Rush, Sabbath, Metallica and Dream Theater (to name but five) thunder away in the background. And the players love the effort their DM has put in practising how to roll dice and air guitar at the same time as screaming "50 damage to the loser in the cape. Hah!!!!"

I need to lie down for a moment.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:55 pm  

Loreena McKennett is a good choice. Her music has a very ethereal feel.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> The Backalley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: