JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greytalk Mailing list
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Canonfire! & GreyTalk Support and Feedback
    Greytalk Mailing list
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:05 am  
    Greytalk Mailing list

Been a member for years and years, but for some reason at the end of the year (12/20/07)i stopped getting emails, did something happen?

any help would be appreciated.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:31 pm  

The mailing list is still active, and my mailings have been continuous. Try signing up for it again. Might be a simple bug or something.

Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:13 am  

TY, i tried using the link on the column on the left 'Join the oldest World of Greyhawk mail list here.' and then hit the link FAQ and all i get is a page with 'No input file specified.'

Thinking back, If i send a email to greytalk-help@canonfire.com with FAQ or help in the body or subject will this get me an email with subscribing info?
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:21 pm  

Hmmm. Looks like the Greytalk links eventually dead-end. The FAQ link at the upper left of the margin does work, and it does have info on Greytalk and how to sign up for it. See here:

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=2&categories=The+GreyTalk+Mailing+List#45

Follow the instructions there and let me know if that works for you(hopefully it will).

Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:31 am  

I never joined, what type of content is it?

Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:17 pm  

It's a mailing list full of e-mails from the various members. Mostly it's just news(what's new, rumors, announcements, etc.) and answering questions, but sometimes there is serialized fiction and other things.

Basically it is the kind of junk mail you don't mind getting. :D

Mon May 19, 2008 11:46 pm  

To join the GreyTalk email discussion group, send an empty email (no subject line, no body text) to:

greytalk-subscribe@canonfire.com

To join the GreyTalk email discussion group in digest mode (meaning you'll receive the messages in periodic batches, instead of individually), send an empty email (no subject line, no body text) to:

greytalk-digest-subscribe@canonfire.com

In either case, once you send the subscribe request, the system will respond with a request for confirmation, which you can simply reply to, or follow the instructions in the message to confirm your account and become an active member. This is the system's "double opt in" feature, ensuring that noone can subscribe your email address to the discussion group without your consent.

To sign off the GreyTalk email discussion group (meaning you no longer want to receive emails from the group, or be able to post emails to the group), send an empty email (no subject line, no body text) to:

greytalk-unsubscribe@canonfire.com

or, if you chose digest mode when you subscribed:

greytalk-digest-unsubscribe@canonfire.com

To contact the GreyTalk email discussion group administrators, send your email to:

greytalk-owner@canonfire.com
    or
    editors@canonfire.com

While actively subscribed to either regular or digest mode of the list, to access the automated help system (which will send you an email message with detailed instructions on these and other options and group commands), send an empty email (no subject line, no body text) to:

greytalk-help@canonfire.com

Note that the administrators of Canonfire/Greytalk do not recommend the use of the "subscribe alternate email address" feature of the ezmlm software (the software package that runs the Greytalk email discussion group) and we may not be able to support technical issues with that command, should you choose to use it.

Hope that helps.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Canonfire! & GreyTalk Support and Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
    You can reply to topics in this forum
    You can edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Canonfire! is a production of the Thursday Group in assocation with GREYtalk and Canonfire! Enterprises

Contact the Webmaster.  Long Live Spidasa!

Greyhawk Gothic Font by Darlene Pekul is used under the Creative Commons License.

PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2005 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL. PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license.
    Page Generation: 0.42 Seconds