JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Just Two Submissions Waiting To be Published
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Canonfire! & GreyTalk Support and Feedback
    Just Two Submissions Waiting To be Published
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:08 am  
    Just Two Submissions Waiting To be Published

Just as note that the que for topical submissions to CF stands at an awe inspiring - TWO! I just submitted the first in a new series of articles - The Chronicles of Keoland - and noted that the cupboard is somewhat bare. If you have been holding back an article submission, now would be a good time to consider submitting.

Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:18 pm  

Yes indeed there are only TWO submissions ready for the front page, now that GVD has submitted the second one that is(it being the first in a thirty-three part series no less!!! Shocked Cool). People ought to be submitting finished articles using the "Submit Article" link in the upper left of the page under the "Main Menu" section. Here is a direct link:

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Submit_News

We've had a lot of new folks pop in lately. Nobody should be shy about submitting an article of their own. Write to the best or your ability, and write about something you like! All types of articles are welcome so long as they have to do with Greyhawk. Cool

NOTE: This thread will likely be moved to a more appropriate forum at some point in time, but for now it's a good topic for people to see and discuss.

Last edited by Cebrion on Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:27 am; edited 2 times in total
    Master Greytalker

Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:39 pm  

I have several article done but am waiting on maps and heraldry before submitting them. These articles seem to have a life of there own and seem to grow.

As Ceb stated elsewhere; Its either here or OJ so I was curious can I post my initial overview articles (1-2 pages) here and in collaboration with others produce a more indepth submission on the same albeit expanded topic to the OJ.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:20 pm  

Sure you can. Writing a feeder article first, and then expanding it into something truly massive and crazy sounds just fine to me.

People ought to make use of this thread to discuss anything and everything relating to article submissions, such as what makes a good article, how big should an article be, etc. If you have any questions then ask away! All opinions are welcome! Happy Any technical questions can be handled by the moderators, or even by those who are very familiar with how things work. Other questions are pretty much open to the community to give their opinions on. These are the people who read the articles after all, so they will have definite views on what they like. There ought to be a good amount of varied feedback(I hope).

Before asking any questions though, everyone who is not familiar with submitting articles ought to read the FAQ here(it's not that long, so don't be lazy and not read it!):

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=1&categories=Canonfire%21

...and visit the "Submit Article" link here:

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Submit_News

Once you have looked those links over then ask your questions.

Last edited by Cebrion on Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:13 am  

OK, I just submitted one. Please pm me with the appropriate e-mail address to send a pic to go with it. Thanks.

Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:05 am  

I'll be submitting the first of a (hopefully) 3 part series of articles sometime after June 9th.
    Master Greytalker

Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:38 pm  

I have tried to submitt an article, with graphics attached, and have been unable to place them in the tet. How do I accomplish this?
    CF Admin

Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:46 pm  
    Your Article

Anced_Math wrote:
    I have tried to submitt an article, with graphics attached, and have been unable to place them in the tet. How do I accomplish this?

Submit your article without the images. Send the images to me, and I'll add them when we post the article. Include some brief instructions on placement and, of course, which article they go with. PM me if you do not have my e-mail address.
    Master Greytalker

Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:55 pm  

Thanks for posting this Greyson; saves me from asking. Wink
    Master Greytalker

Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:22 am  

Do we need to add the trailers stating that all art is the property of the artist and posted with permission? Rights Reserved? What should be added by the submitor and what will be added by the CF staff if anything?
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:41 pm  

No. If you look at the bottom of every web page you will see the following text:

"All works, logos, and trademarks on this site are property of their respective owners. Comments posted herein are also property of their posters."

This phrase is also an active link to this page:

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/copyright.php

Basically, you own whatever you submit, and may submit whatever you submit to Canonfire! elsewhere as you wish. Canonfire! merely retains the right to host a copy of what you have submitted. Anything you wish to use from Canonfire! that was submitted by somebody other than yourself requires the *original artist's/author's* permission to use or re-post, not Canonfire!'s.

Last edited by Cebrion on Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Master Greytalker

Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:56 am  

Thanks Ceb
    Master Greytalker

Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:54 am  

Is there a maximum size for an article? I dont have a lot of words, but a fairly large table, and the Submission pane shows up blank when I hit preview.

Never mind, I tried to submit again, and it went through.
    Master Greytalker

Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:06 am  

Ok, what is the general concensus on the longest an article shoulde be. I have finally edited all of Firepower's submissions on the Churches of the March, and it stands at 25 Pages, including graphics. I can break it up by Church if that is the best... or would you prefer one really long article?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:39 am  

I would break it up.

Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:57 pm  

I agree with wolfsire, break it up.
    Master Greytalker

Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:36 pm  

ok, I have broken it up into 8 articles. At this rate, instead of 50 articles, it will end up being 150. I have submitted 5 this week.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:14 am  

I'd say no more than 10 pages. I've submitted a couple of large articles, and they have come in around this size. For example, The Knights of Holy Shielding article comes in at 10 pages in WORD. I'd keep it to around 5 pages though for most things, particularly if it is 100% text that you have written in a font size smaller than 12.

The Churches of the March could easily be done as 2 submissions. I think doing them smaller is a mistake amply illustrated by the fact that it would take 150 articles to put forth the material that you have. That also tells me that the material might be better presented in another way- as a pdf download for example. Besides, the Canonfire! article submissions should cover variety of topics and not just the Gran March(however much some might want it to). Laughing

If you want to re-submit the church articles as only two submissions then let me know and I'll axe the current ones so you can re-submit them. If you want to consider another format altogether then contact me directly though PM or e-mail.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:53 am  

Hey Ceb,

We have considered other formats. I have spoken with Duithcarn concerning an OJ, and that is a good start, but a long ways away. The Gran March site, is for the moment, plagued with problems.

I also agree that no one (even me) is interested solely in Gran March submissions. However, it is a knowledge repository we would like to use, and the best way to place info in CF! is through submission.

I will send the Churches in two articles, and they will be sent today.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Canonfire! & GreyTalk Support and Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
    You can reply to topics in this forum
    You can edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Canonfire! is a production of the Thursday Group in assocation with GREYtalk and Canonfire! Enterprises

Contact the Webmaster.  Long Live Spidasa!

Greyhawk Gothic Font by Darlene Pekul is used under the Creative Commons License.

PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2005 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL. PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license.
    Page Generation: 0.25 Seconds