JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - B-B-B-Bissel!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    B-B-B-Bissel!
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:56 pm  
    B-B-B-Bissel!

Hey, I was in the middle of planning my next campaign (using 2ed rules, cause they rule) and I came to the decision to have it based in Bissel. I would like to know which of the classic adventures took place in or around Bissel (I could look it up, but many of you are faster and more reliable than the interwebs).

My decision to place it in Bissel, btw, was largely due to the heretical discussions regarding Barovia (should it be found in Oerth) being there. I am going to slip in some Ravenloft stuff into the campaign, and the whole foreboding Barrier Peaks area seems to fit the flavor nicely.

Thank you in advance, I will pay you in tacos.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:34 pm  

I'm pretty sure none of the classic modules are set in Bissel. Probably the closest you get are Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun and Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth, both set in the Yatils near the Ket-Perrenland border. Expedition to the Barrier Peaks and Vale of the Mage are both in the Barrier Peaks not to far away.
    There were a series of adventures in Dungeon Magazine named after the seven deadly sins, most of which were set in Bissel. They are Rage DNG # 89, Vanity DNG # 93, Lust DNG # 95, and Gluttony DNG # 98. Those issues are all available as downloadable PDFs from Paizo.

Could I get my payment in churros instead?
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:19 pm  

The intro to The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth actually takes place in Bissel (if you accept the railroaded intro, where the players are gathered before the Margrave of Bissel and are instantly assumed to have accepted the mission that he presents them with).

If you go beyond TSR/WotC Greyhawk material, some people (Gygax himself?) have suggested that the Lost City of Gaxmoor (see module by same name published by Troll Lord Games) would have been located in Bissel, near the Fals Gap.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:46 am  

Cult of the Reptile God is not too far off from Bissel either. Depending on what year you set your campaign in, Bissel could be a very volatile place.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:46 am  

Bissel is an excellent gateway to adventure, with plenty of opportunity for one shot sidetrek style play to take place internally. To the west, the Baklunish, to the East is Aerdy and the lands thereabouts. To the south is the Sheldomar.

I really cannot think of a better place to center a game. As to traditional modules, there are many near, but few in Bissell. However, the overland travel could, and in my opinion, should be exciting, dangerous, and part of teh adventure. Also, there are numerous Dungeon Adventures that are appropriate. I Heptrad, or some such, about a group of vampires on the Bissel/Gran March border in the Lorridges comes to mind easily. will look when I get home and see if I cannot recommend a few more.

Have Fun and Good luck!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:53 am  

Gygax wrote an adventure for the Slayers Guide to Dragons about the dragon steed Iggwilv bred for Drelnza. It's set in the Yatils to the east of Bissel.

Scott
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:41 am  

I seem to remember a suggestion that Keep on the Borderlands (and by extention, Into the Unknown) was set in Bissel as well.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:20 pm  

gargoyle wrote:
    I seem to remember a suggestion that Keep on the Borderlands (and by extention, Into the Unknown) was set in Bissel as well.

You play in my game, you don't get to suggest ideas. Your character just caught herpes.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:26 am  

I too am launching a new campaign set in Bissel. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a good map of Bissel.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:08 am  

Well, there's this map, but that may not be detailed enough for what you want:

http://www.dragonsong.org/graphics/Bissel.jpg
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:16 am  

Oh, I can see all kinds of possibilities for adventure in the lavd of vcuum cleaners Wink
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:29 pm  

callmeAndydammit wrote:
    Oh, I can see all kinds of possibilities for adventure in the lavd of vcuum cleaners Wink

Laughing

Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:10 am  

zacharythefirst wrote:

That's perfect, thanks!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:26 am  

rob44 wrote:
    zacharythefirst wrote:

That's perfect, thanks!

Cool--I'm glad it'll work! :)
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: