JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - He-Man and Greyhawk
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    He-Man and Greyhawk
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:51 pm  
    He-Man and Greyhawk

If this subject has already been approached, I apologize. I was at Best Buy and I...sigh....gave in to my childish side and bought the 1st season of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (old school). I was surprised at how adaptable the He-Man short stories could be in regards to adventures for players. If anyone gets a chance, I suggest going to checking out a copy of these DVD's.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:07 pm  

My son has recently got into He Man, and yes, the short stories can almost exactly be copied over as adventures. Whoever wrote He Man had to be a gamer.
    Master Greytalker

Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:03 am  

The more recent cartoons are much better and give you more defined powers for the heroes and villains to work with. I'd love to stat Skeletor as a lich... wizard or warlock with fighter/ranger multiclass and Evil Lynn should be easy enough to do. I need to get hold of the new dvd though!
    Forum Moderator

Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:28 pm  

By the power of GREYHAAAAAWWWWK!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:15 pm  

mortellan wrote:
    By the power of GREYHAAAAAWWWWK!

LMAO Laughing

Thats awesome
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:11 pm  

*Bumpin' in without really nothing to add. However, either this thread will be forgotten soon,
    or THIS WILL BE EPIC...*

Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:42 pm  

I remember that somewhere that the reason He-Man and Skeletor's toy swords fit together had never been explored... half's of the same power maybe...

Also, there is supposed to be a new live action movie int he works.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:55 am  

I forgot about that. I may have to put something togeather about this. I think that there have been weapons with established histories that would make good equivalents to Skeletors sword, Blackrazor from White Plume Mountain comes to mind. Not really sure about that though. I once had ran a game were the main antagonist was a lich who before studying magic was a powerful general. After his retirement from the militray he began looing for a way to extend his life and set about down the road to lichdom, eventually creating a phylactery that was a powerful magical sword. The party killed him sacked the castle, and took off with his sword. He kept coming back after them and was hunting them down. The party killed him like six times before they put two and two togeather. By the time they did there was only two of the original characters left.

Prine Thrommel from Temple of Elental Evil could make a good He-Man. He already has a powerful magic weapon and is a prince. All you need now is a Battle Cat.
    GreySage

Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:08 pm  

Claudio Pozas' adaptation of He-Man into D&D was fun, and might be instructive.

As for Thrommel, I thought he might be a good Strongheart from the D&D toy line.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:55 pm  

Wasn't Warduke turned into one of the Unnamed Hierarchs of the Horned Society?
    GreySage

Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:39 pm  

manus-nigrum wrote:
    Wasn't Warduke turned into one of the Unnamed Hierarchs of the Horned Society?

He's one of the named ones. If "Warduke" counts as a name.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:25 am  

I always thought that Unnamed Hierarch was more of a title for someone using a sobriquet as opposed to ruling openly under a real name?
    GreySage

Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:11 am  

manus-nigrum wrote:
    I always thought that Unnamed Hierarch was more of a title for someone using a sobriquet as opposed to ruling openly under a real name?

Per Dragon #56, there's one Unnameable Hierarch in the Horned Society. The others all use names. http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Horned_Society
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: