ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greyhawk Deities with Pathfinder RPG
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Greyhawk Deities with Pathfinder RPG
    Site Theocrat

Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:23 pm  
    Greyhawk Deities with Pathfinder RPG

Hi all -
    OK so now D&D is dividing into yet more camps with Paizo's Pathfinder and WotC's 4e, in addition to those many people that stayed with First Edition, those that moved to Second Edition and those moved to Three.Five Edition.
    I see GVD's posts about a worsening 'hawk setting with a potential 4e update. While I personally have stated that I will not play 4e for mainly a financial reason (4 bookcases, and 16 boxes of d20/OGL stuff is just too much to ignore), I am moving to Pathfinder.
    Thus with the release of the Beta version of Pathfinder (we saw the way things were going to be with Alpha) and the new Domains, who has begun to work on updating the LGG with Pathfinder domains or even other sourcebooks? Has anybody worked on just a few deities or domains?

When the FRCS came out sean k. reynolds updated the LGG domains to handle those as well. I then used AEG's books Mercenaries, Good, Evil, and other sourcebooks (I don't know if I ever posted it as an article or not), I suppose I never finished it (as I'm likely to do).
    With Necromancer's many OGL books, Goodman Games and so many others in addition to various WotC books, has anybody updated the LGG Deities with additional domains in 3.5 versions?
    Now that Pathfinder is out, there are several new domains and the way domains are handled are different. Anybody working on updating the Deities with these new domains from Pathfinder? What about converting some of those AEG/Goodman/Kenzer books and domains to Pathfinder style and then updating them with LGG Deities? I'll be working on the Pholtus angle (oh, and thanks for that "Thank Pholtus" comment in the 4e GH thread, DVD!) for the domains after I get a clearer look at them from PF Beta and the ones from Comp. Champion, Divine and others - even if it is from a 3.5 angle and then Pathfinder-ing those different domains.

In His Path and Glory We Follow,
    Theocrat Issak of the Church of the One True Path of Pholtus

Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:20 am  
    Pathfinder RPG > 4e

I haven't messed with the Pathfinder Domain changes for Greyhawk...yet.
    However, I will add that if 4e doesn't do some serious clean up most GH fans WILL stick with a 3.5e system or Pathfinder RPG. The staff of the Oerth Journal is still waiting to see how the GSL works for websites and IF its worth "trying" to convert at all. Right now a simple conversion of the NPC's of the whole setting would take me until 6th-edition came out! Thats how much of a pain it is to rework them all and keep them "in-touch" with the original concept. Ugh.
    http://www.oerthjournal.com http://www.greyhawkonline.com/duicarthan
    Master Greytalker

Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:54 am  

I haven't worked on converting any deities/domains as such (going to leave that for when the beta arrives) but I have converted 3 clerics from 3.5 to Pathfinder with pleasing results. The Cleric of Pelor has become even more "Pelorian" for want of a better description and the sneaky Halfling Rogue/Cleric of Brandobaris is even more tricksy (to quote Gollum); this makes me feel really positive about having made the choice to switch to PF. The Cleric of Heironeous hasn't entered play yet but looks okay.

My only doubt is over the use of "fixed powers", those that can be used 1/day or at will as granted by the domains. Those things that a character always has available quickly become dull and everyday through overuse; which is one (amongst many) of the things I don't like about 4e.

Really looking forward to the beta arriving; and so are my eyes, having been stuck to a screen reading the pdfs for the last few months.
    Site Theocrat

Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:30 pm  
    Neeneer, neeneer....

Hi all -
    My Beta arrived today. But I was out 4x4ing all day and got home and it was waiting all pretty in it's box. But now after 3 Smirnoff Ice's (because 4x4ing is hard work) I'm in no condition to read (which begs the question if I'm in any condition to post comments!!), so I'm leaving it for tomorrow. I reviewed the PDF and the WE and am preparing to print it and take it to kinko's but it looks really good. I've been playing the Alpha version now since A1 and our latest campaign started with A3 so it's been real nice. But even with the A3 to Beta I've noticed a few changes that where in A3 that I didn't recognize.
    Managing A3 to Beta is different. I made my current character using standard 32 point buy system from 3.5 and now seeing it, I want to compare it to Beta's. I know it was live in A3, but I need to see how it and other things work out.
    I'll review some of Pholtus's domains from LGG/fr campaign setting and any of the other books (Comp. Divine/Champion and so forth) to see what domain he deserves. I'll post here with my thoughts in the next couple of days and use that as a jumping off point for other GH deities.

Theocrat Issak

Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:11 pm  

My three copies of the beta arrived today (that's $47 worth of postage, but my players all insisted on having a copy each).

All I need now is a timestop so I can wade through it in peace.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: