JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Problem Submitting articles
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Canonfire! & GreyTalk Support and Feedback
    Problem Submitting articles
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:44 pm  
    Problem Submitting articles

Hey all, I am having a problem submitting articles to canonfire... when I hit the preview button (you have to preview before you can send it) it displayes my title and erases everything that I have put into the blurb and main body fields... not only doesn't it display in the preview, but it is gone. This is a real pain in the **** as I spend a good chunck of time trying to get my submissions to look good when displayed... then to have all of that extra work above and beyond actually writing the article to be wasted time is something that I find annoying.

Your Feedback form is broken too... when I hit send message it erases what is in there and then says :error: please enter message.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:37 pm  

We'll look into this right away. One thing you may do to get around tweaking your article and losing it is to put it in the text box, choose your bold, italic, and other options, etc., to make the article look how you want it to, and then copy and paste that to a WORD doc so save the html coding. Then, if for some reason your article gets deleted during the submission process, you will still have a full copy with the html changes.

Even still, you shouldn't *have*(though I recommend it as a precaution) to do that and this is a problem that needs to be looked into immediately. It's not like there is a Postfest going on or anything as well... Wink
    Sage of Canonfire

Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:04 pm  

Okay, after struggling to reproduce the problem, then I couldn't reproducing it. This appears to be related to the browser you use.

There is a bug on the HTML editor on those forms. I couldn't stop them from blanking in Internet Explorer 7

What browser are you using, Wes?

-Gary
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:52 am  

I normaly use AOL or Internet Explorer as my default browser. depending on if I plan on checking my aol email or not when I log on.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:57 am  

I use Internet Explorer and I had the same problem yesterday. I have not yet tried again today. I will and will let you know the results. Some times probems like these just fix themselves.

Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:56 pm  

it did it again today (using AOL)... but I might have found a way around it... after it gets blanked with the preview I just entered everything again and hit send... of course that likly means a bit more work for the editor as I couldn't give it a final check over to make sure it displayed how I wanted it... but if it works it works (of course you guys could just have a blank article waiting in the que too... if somebody could check on that and let me know it would be great).
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:03 am  

Yesterday afternoon, again I could not get a preview.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:42 am  

Gary and Issak are looking into it.
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:31 pm  

Please let us know when it's fixed. I have an article or two sitting on my hard drive, like my long-forgotten On the Bugbears of the Flanaess: History, Culture and Nation article.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:22 am  

There may still be a problem with the Preview bit of things, as I think it is deleting all of the article text when Previewing. We have recently received some submissions that were totally blank, but have also received others that are not. Perhaps it is a "user error" problem(i.e. the problem lies between the keyboard and the chair:grin:), or perhaps not.

There are ways around the problem at any rate, but the problem does need to be fixed as there are quite few submissions coming in currently(which is great!).
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:36 pm  

tonight I downloaded Firefox, just so I can submit articles correctly again :P
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:19 am  

Let us know how it works for you by truing to submit your critter article again. We did receive the e-mail of it, but this is a good chance to test out a non-IE browser.
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:29 am  

okay.

It let me preview it with out erasing it using Firefox, so lets hope it didn't erase it when sent either.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Canonfire! & GreyTalk Support and Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
    You can reply to topics in this forum
    You can edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Canonfire! is a production of the Thursday Group in assocation with GREYtalk and Canonfire! Enterprises

Contact the Webmaster.  Long Live Spidasa!

Greyhawk Gothic Font by Darlene Pekul is used under the Creative Commons License.

PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2005 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL. PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license.
    Page Generation: 0.46 Seconds