JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - d20 Future
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder
    d20 Future
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:02 pm  
    d20 Future

Does anyone know about any possible sources of information on using d20 future as a Greyhawk setting?
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:11 am  

If it uses the d20 modern engine, I would recommend against it. If a d20 variant is required, I would recommend the Dave Noonan's Pulp Heroes mini-game from Polyhedron 149/Dungeon 90. IIRC, there is a Dragon article dealing with the Urnst states circa 990CY.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:15 pm  

I was actually thinking of D20 furture which is similar to d20 modern. Actually it is necessary to run it. Why do you recommend against it? The system seems sound to me if a little bland.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:35 pm  

The basic/advanced class mechanic. I prefer the original version of Pulp Heroes. A character started as an explorer or mystic or soldier or whatever. None of this dull smart hero, strong hero ho-hum.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:06 pm  

Ooh, haven't been here in a while. I would tend to agree about not using the rule system of D20 Modern/Future. The scaling of magic is main one one not to. Magic as a combat spell ends at 5th level within the d20 Modern framework.
    But, assuming you are going to do it. Overall as a system, I like D20 Modern better overall than 3.0/3.5 and I have tried to do what you have done.

So my suggestions. For a little background material, I would suggest you get Urban Arcana, D20 Past and the 3.0 Arms and Equipment guide.

Urban Arcana for the extended use of magic systems in D20 Modern, using incantations and the write ups on arcane advanced classes. Higher level spells in 3.0/5 are are incantations, while powerful cannot really be effective as combat spells, but provide a system to get the spells out. Oh, and many magic items D20 Modern style.

D20 Past has a bit on Sea Devils/Sahuguin and talks more on the use of the system with lower Progress Levels though it uses mainly PL 3 and 4.

Finally the 3.0 Arms and Equipment Guide has a great reference for matching up D&D Stone, Bronze, Dark Age and Crusades technology equipment to Progress Levels 0, 1, 2, and possibly 3 so you can adjust pricing of equipment and larger variety.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: