Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Hi Everybody!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    Hi Everybody!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:01 pm  
    Hi Everybody!

I'm just an old-timer trying to spark his memory of Greyhawk to write up the close of the campaigns of my youth. I made a promise that I'd document the rise and fall of our campaigns (including those that happened before I even played the game) that spanned the better part of twenty-five years. If the guy wasn't sick, I'd have told him where to get stuffed and how to pay for it...

But anyway, it's nice to see that Canonfire is still doing well, that Greyhawk is still going on, and that some of the old faces from AOL are still dropping in from time to time. I haven't played in a couple years, and I guess that's a good thing, as I'd have probably exploded if somebody told me there was to be a 4th Edition after railing so long against the very idea of a 3rd Edition and shunning 2nd Edition.

Everything looks lovely. The Download Section is excellent. Keep on Keepin' on.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:39 pm  

Welcome to the boards Fenreer. Drop by anytime. Happy
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:14 am  

welcome, friend!
    i shall steal your avatar, i loved it!
    GreySage

Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:43 am  

Fenreer! Hail and well met! Happy

Stop by more often, your input would be most welcome! Cool

Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:45 pm  

Thanks for the warm welcome, and feel free to steal the avatar, as I stole it myself from one of the Games Workshop fan forums a long while back.

So far, I've managed to avoid accidental threadomancy, though some of these long-dead discussions are quite intriguing.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:54 pm  

Bless you then. Laughing However, if you have a different angle on an old topic and you want to discuss it, by all means do so. Many Greyhawk topics simply are static, and discussion of them now will be as relevant as it was then. Published Greyhawk content is rather finite, so we do expect things to be revisited over an over again(hopefully from new perspectives). The only thing I'll mention is that everyone should be aware of how old a previous post is and reply to it accordingly. Wink
    CF Admin

Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:37 pm  

I rather enjoy threadomancy. /shrug

Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:19 pm  

I really don't mind threadomancy either. I just mind it when people reply to a previous poster's comments as if they were posted earlier that same day, when in fact they were posted two years previously. Or ressurecting, say, a thread on the Temple of Elemental Evil that is two years old and simply posting "ToEE ROCKS!!!" Laughing
    Forum Moderator

Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:29 pm  

Kudos on the Troll Slayer avatar. I've painted a couple of those in my time, so I dig it!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: