JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Salinmoor
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Salinmoor
    Adept Greytalker

Fri May 22, 2009 10:18 pm  
    Salinmoor

I was reading through GVDammerung's excellent Salinmoor articles and I would like to ask on which map may I get the precise locations of Redshore and Argleburg.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun May 24, 2009 11:27 pm  

That's a good question. Personally I can't wait until Anna gets down that far :)
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:06 am  
    Re: Salinmoor

chaoticprime wrote:
    I was reading through GVDammerung's excellent Salinmoor articles and I would like to ask on which map may I get the precise locations of Redshore and Argleburg.

I am glad you enjoyed the articles! Happy I apologize for my late reply but my MBA program has been pulling me way for some time. Confused But to cases.

Redshore is mapped in Issue 92 of Dungeon Magazine as part of the article The Razing of Redshore (Lvls 16-19). It is what I would call-quasi canon Greyhawk as events in the adventure are referenced by other, more expressly Greyhawk material. In this case, I want to say that Redshore is obliquely mentioned (by reference to events in the adventure) in the 3x DMG II write-up of Saltmarsh (but I may have that wrong as I have not recently checked that out – however, I selected Redshore because of its quasi-GH link so I know there is one, but my immediate recollection may be faulty). There is, however, no published GH regional map that includes Redshore. Anna is the best bet.

Angleburg is mapped in the 2e adventure Evil Tide (part of the Monstrous Arcana Sea Devils trilogy that also includes Night of the Shark and Sea of Blood). Many have noted that the Sea Devils Trilogy dovetails with the Saltmarsh Trilogy quite nicely. There is, however, no direct Greyhawk link. I choose to forge one (given the obvious similarities between the Saltmarsh and Sea Devils Trilogies) the way the Isle of Dread became part of Greyhawk. So, there is no map depicting Angle Island or Angleburg on any official Greyhawk map. Not sure the similarities between the two trilogies would be enough for Anna.

Hope this helps.

BTW – The Map of Angle Island is, IMO, uber cool. Really worth checking out.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: