Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    "The Lost City of Barakus" in the Great Kingdom
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:25 am  
    "The Lost City of Barakus" in the Great Kingdom

Good morning,

Long time, no see.

Looks that, after a few year-long escapes into the Mists of Ravenloft,
    my next home game will be set in the WoG again.

I plan to run the classic Necromancer Games module "The Lost City of Barakus" under either the C&C or the usual d20 rules.

I had thought of using the GK as detailed in "Ivid the Undying" as a backdrop for possible further adventures.

The concept is pretty rough so far, but I'd appreciate any kind of input,
    retellings of your own experiences of shoehorning LCoB into Greyhawk, and so on.

Thank you in advance,

Rafe

Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:42 pm  

Ivid,

Something about your post tweaked my interest in LCoB, so I snuck over to RPGNow.com and downloaded it. After a first quick read through, I've decided to prep this mini-campaign for use with my gaming group. A couple of quick questions:

What city would you have stand in for Endhome?
    Do you have any thoughts yet on how you might lead from the LCoB into the wider plot settings of Ivid the Undying?
    If I ask really, really, nicely, would you be willing to share some of your additional, non-copyrighted materials, puhleeeeez?

Respectfully, IronDeacon
    Id Fiat Iron Deacon Si
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:44 pm  

Great idea Ivid. For the past two years I have kicked the idea around about using this in WoG. I need to actually purchase said item in order to get a better grasp of where it would fit, but everything that I have read on it so far seems like it would do well in WoG.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:58 pm  

I ran a LCoB campaign a few years ago. Replaced Endhome with Atirr, which worked marvelously well.
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:33 am  

Thorvald wrote:
    I ran a LCoB campaign a few years ago. Replaced Endhome with Atirr, which worked marvelously well.

So did a pal of mine, who sent me his maps just yesterday.

I guess I'll follow his example, even though I am far from sure about the details so far.

irondeacon wrote:
    What city would you have stand in for Endhome?

Attir, as I said, though I am not sure if I'll simply insert it there somewhere north or south of Attir, and have the other city as a backdrop,
    should the campaign evolve any further.

irondeacon wrote:
    Do you have any thoughts yet on how you might lead from the LCoB into the wider plot settings of Ivid the Undying?

LCoB, played the way I usually do, would give us YEARS of adventuring, so I really haven't put much thought into that yet. I could see working ideas from "Return to the Tomb of Horrors" into the campaign pretty easily, or, depending on how the game evolves, lead the party for the Elven ruins in Bitterwood (?), or even try for RJK's Maze of Zayene (?), series.

But, don't the size of the book fool you, LCoB is more a mini-setting than an adventure, and only to complete the adventures presented in the books, you would likely need 20 or thrity full sessions...

irondeacon wrote:
    If I ask really, really, nicely, would you be willing to share some of your additional, non-copyrighted materials, puhleeeeez?

I have some maps here, and I'll ask my pal if I may repost them!
    Smile

Argermax wrote:
    Great idea Ivid. For the past two years I have kicked the idea around about using this in WoG. I need to actually purchase said item in order to get a better grasp of where it would fit, but everything that I have read on it so far seems like it would do well in WoG.

Thank you! I would definitely get the book ASAP. It's, at least IMO, the most playable NG release I have got myself so far, and the story is, while stereotypical, pretty entertaining. - Pretty much as oldschool as one can get these days, without goign back to the great Gygaxian classics.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:56 am  

I've seen this book but never really looked at it. Can someone explain what LCBarakas is about - adding a spoiler warning for those who want to be surprised - ?
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: