JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Posting to the Great Library
    Canonfire Forum Index -> The Great Library of Greyhawk Wiki
    Posting to the Great Library
    GreySage

Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:09 am  
    Posting to the Great Library

I would like to ask; Can anyone post "new" information -- for consideration -- to be added to the Great Library wiki, or is this a private project restricted to Robbastard and Rasgon? Confused

If not a private project, how does one submit material? Confused

Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:20 pm  

Anyone can (and is encouraged to) contribute to the wiki, but it's intended as a compilation of Greyhawk lore as published by TSR, WotC, Paizo, or other officially licensed sources (there's a place on it for apocryphal things like Rob Kuntz's non-TSR Greyhawk stuff, as long as it's labeled as such). It's a resource for researchers.

That is to say, we'd love help in doing things like paraphrasing the information on Rel Deven in Ivid the Undying in the wiki format, or artifact lore from the 1st edition DMG, or a summary of the Keep on the Borderlands novel, or information on dragons from the 3rd edition Draconomicon, or help correct typos and spelling or grammatical errors, or anything else Greyhawk-relevant. To do so, create an account and log in (the words "Log in/create account" should be on the top right). Then the "edit" tab should be available to you in every article. You can also create new articles, whether you have an account or not (many of the existing articles are locked except to people with accounts, in order to help combat spammers).

Rob and I aren't the only people who contribute to the wiki by any means. All edits should appear instantly, though being a wiki you need to be prepared to see your edits reverted or heavily revised, sometimes just to see it fit the format better. It's best if you cite your sources and include bibliographical information and relevant categories and infoboxes, but if you don't, someone else will usually do it for you sooner or later.
    GreySage

Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:10 am  

Woooooo-hoooooo!! Happy

As my situation improves -- soon -- look for me to join in! I would love to help, in any way I can! Evil Grin Cool Wink

Thanks! Happy

Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:10 pm  

Mystic-Scholar wrote:
    As my situation improves -- soon -- look for me to join in! I would love to help, in any way I can! Evil Grin Cool Wink

Well, I've mainly done little tweaks and typo fixes (like rasgon mentioned) but writing wiki pages can be a lot of fun...

...as long as you are totally onboard with the concept that the goal is for the pages to be as good as possible and that a lot of your edits could get changed by people that come after you.

If you create a basic stub that goes on to become a beautiful article, it doesn't really matter if nothing is left of your work exept the title. And if you create a page that gets moved to a better name, that doesn't matter either.

I started of over at Wikipedia and a lot of my early edits are totally gone. But they did leave a legacy behind and it is that (rather than your own content) that is the bottom line.

So good luck getting involved, at whatever level is good for you. And thanks for whatever you do to improve The Great Library of Greyhawk.
    David 'Big Mac' Shepheard<br />My Greyhawk links: http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=11&amp;t=9355<br />(If I am not here, you can find me at the Greyhawk or Chainmail forums at The Piazza.)<br />
       Canonfire Forum Index -> The Great Library of Greyhawk Wiki All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: