JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Exag, info needed
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Exag, info needed
    Novice

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:29 pm  
    Exag, info needed

Hey all I was wondering about the City of Exag in Perrenland. I forget where exactly, however I think it was in the WoG comic linked on this site, that it was mentioned some ancient architects or some strange race that pre-dates the Flann or something built it?

Could anyone please fill me in on this? Maybe it is a joke, but it caught my attention for sure.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:48 pm  

"Exag: City of Clay", in Dungeon #145.

"Explore the ancient streets of Exag, a secluded city whose secrets and mysteries are among the oldest in history."
    Master Greytalker

Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:04 pm  

Yep, it's not quite clear who built it, but it wasn't the Flan. In addition to the source above, you may want to check out the books by...(I can't believe I'm about to say this)...Rose Estes. I can't recall exactly, but I think the second one has a little info on Exag.
    GreySage

Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:34 pm  

Check out The Mystery of Exag by Erik Mona, on this website. The Dungeon article was inspired by it.

The Rose Estes version was pretty different.
    Forum Moderator

Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:10 pm  

Yup, the Dungeon article and the Mona download is what I based my Exag comic stuff on. The 'Crafters' is the race who built the town and my best guess would be they are extra-planar in origin giving you many many options if you want them to leave behind evidence or even return.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:39 pm  

Moar cobra stickers!
    Novice

Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:23 pm  

Awesome, and thank you all for the timely replies.

I never knew this about Exag, and the Gazeteers never mentioned this about it. So was kind of blown away by the reference.

I have always heard of the Rose Estes novels, but never read them. I have seen a lot of posters being ... hesitant (?) at best in recommending them. Are they cannon material or just something that just happened to be set in WoG?

THank you also for the link to Erics site on this. I have read a lot of Erics stuff and really like it. So I am looking forward to the article.
    Master Greytalker

Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:43 pm  

The Estes novels are terrible, and very, very far from canon. That's why I was so hesitant to recommend them.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: