Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Where is the Campaign Journal Section?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Where is the Campaign Journal Section?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:50 pm  
    Where is the Campaign Journal Section?

Maybe I am just overlooking it, I have not seen it here though. This place have a place to post campaign journals from when folks run there nightly games and want to post the story for everyone to read?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:42 pm  

I think Ive seen some in the general section and the online gaming section. But if you have some thing to post, general is great and stuff can be moved. There are a couple of good search functions if you are looking for a good thread.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:31 pm  

Sounds like a great idea for a new forum section.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:54 pm  

You can put campaign journals in the Campaign Journals & General Online Play forum. Everyone also has a personal Journal page under their user profile which is also viewable to others. If you post a campaign journal this way, it is best to put a link to it in your forum signature so as to make people aware of it.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:17 am  

Glad someone asked this as it has prompted me to post a new campaign journal that is ongoing. Hoping it will allow me to develop Sterich a bit more while revisiting some classic sites from the GDQ series and the Istivin series from the Paizo Dungeon magazine days.

Link is below if anyone is interested.

My Red Hand of Doom

Will post daily until this catches up with the current state of things and given this is unusually a solitaire game (just me not a single player with a DM), please post any questions about how I make this work if you have any. Sadly work prevents a greater involvement in D&D but this gives me enough Greyhawk to be going on with Happy
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:50 am  

Was happy to see your post, as I've lately been considering Sterich as a good place for a campaign. I ran an exhibition game (well, really 1 1/2 encounters) last week for mainly newbies, looking for recruits for my 4e groups' game. The module we were using was set in FR, but I changed it to Sterich, just south of Mittleberg. Keep them coming! Smile
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:09 am  

smillan_31 wrote:
    Was happy to see your post, as I've lately been considering Sterich as a good place for a campaign. I ran an exhibition game (well, really 1 1/2 encounters) last week for mainly newbies, looking for recruits for my 4e groups' game. The module we were using was set in FR, but I changed it to Sterich, just south of Mittleberg. Keep them coming! Smile

Glad this is helpful. Early parts stick to RHoD quite rigidly but use of Mythic more recently has led to some interesting tangents (and hence more development of my version of Sterich). Enjoy!
    GreySage

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:47 am  

I was just reading Flint's entries and like where he's going with it. I look forward to reading more from him. And I'll be looking for other such entries. Wink

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:07 pm  

I cannot believe I did not see that forum down there for the journals. sheesh I must be getting old lol. Sorry guys didnt mean to make a post that didnt need to be made.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:50 pm  

You didn't miss it. I revamped the forum parameters to make it a place for campaign information in general, whether that be looking for a local game, establishing a local game, organizing on-line play of whatever kind, or talking about an ongoing campaign(i.e. a campaign journal). Happy

Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:57 pm  

ahh gogo me then ;) Glad I could help add a new forum to this place :D
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:15 am  

Not really a new forum, just an altered forum. The forum sub-category was correctly titled, but the sub-forum for that category was not(and people really don't look at the forum categories all that often, myself included :D). People like to talk about their campaigns, and there was no obvious place where one should do so. Now it is a bit more obvious. Wink

If anybody has a campaign thread lurking about...somewhere(and I know some of you do), send me a PM and I'll move it to the new location.

Happy Posting. Cool
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: