Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greyhawkonline.com being reported as web forgery!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Greyhawkonline.com being reported as web forgery!
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:51 pm  
    Greyhawkonline.com being reported as web forgery!

To all,

greyhawkonline.com is now being tagged as a potential Web Forgery website by Firefox browser (IE works fine).

The message I get when I try and hit any of the pages (W.O.G. Webcomic, my heraldry site, etc.):

Reported Web Forgery!

This web page at www.greyhawkonline.com has been reported as a web forgery and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Web forgeries are designed to trick you into revealing personal or financial information by imitating sources you may trust.

Entering any information on this web page may result in identity theft or other fraud.

It is possible that the site has been hacked (this just happened at ENWorld.org last week).

If you have content up there, you may want to make sure you have it backed up.

That is all,

Bryan Blumklotz
    AKA Saracenus
    GreySage

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:20 pm  

I've had a lot of trouble trying to bring this site up on a browser the last week or two. Half the time, it tries for a minute or two, then tells me it failed. I wait half an hour and try again and it works. This has beein happening on both my home and work computers. Related problems?

SirXaris
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:06 pm  

Probably not. That sounds like a problem resolving the URL, whereas this is a site warning by Google and Firefox. That means I get there, but I am being told there is security issue with site.
    Site Theocrat

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:18 am  

I haven't had any issues with accessing the site.
    EDIT - accessing Mort's comic pulls up the phishing site notice. I've sent a help desk request to the host.
    I will contact the Web hosting company to verify that it is clean and that Google makes sure the site is not a spam site too.
    As a side note, I often wonder how utilized GreyhawkOnline.com is - are you still using your site? With $25/month for the size of the site, and I barely use it, and now with WoG not using it as much, is it worth it to keep it. Yes, Oerth Journal and others are still under the same bandwidth /hosting.

I think Cox provides Web space and might transfer service over to them if they have the size that supports the GHO line of sites.

If there is ever a problem with the site please let me know ASAP and I'll do what I can to fix it.
    Issak

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:01 pm  

Issak,

Personally, I am not posting to the site at this time. I am too busy with my school and work right now. If I spent time on heraldry I think my wife would divorce me or my grades would suffer.

It's nice to have what I have done archived but it is not necessary.

As for paying $25/month for web hosting services... gah. Dude, there are thousands of web hosting services that would do it for less than $25 for the whole year.

Why are you paying platinum rates for web hosting?

My two coppers.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:35 am  

Well, this sucks. I keep hoping WotC will bring back some official Greyhawk stuff because that's about the only thing which will tempt me to get back into RPGs. I honestly haven't played AD&D since my old 2nd edition days and now with work and family I probably wouldn't have much time for it but for Greyhawk I'd be tempted to make time. There are just to many great old memories.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:10 pm  

Oerdin- Play 2nd edition then if you can find gamers or any other edition if you like. You don't need new products just new ideas, and thats the job of any great DM. Twice a month should be good. Good luck and happy gaming.
    GreySage

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:27 pm  

TheocratIssak wrote:
    I often wonder how utilized GreyhawkOnline.com is - are you still using your site?

Hail Holy Theocrat! Happy

FYI: I still visit your site often. Haven't had any troubles recently, but I'll "stop in and take a look" to see if anything "happens to me." Wink

As an aside: I'll e-mail you the portion of my story that your character appears in -- the "finished" version, that is. Cool

EDIT --

Okay, I'm BACK!

So, everything worked just fine for me, even the hyperlinks. Evil Grin

Incidentally, I use Firefox. Internet Explorer used to give me trouble submitting articles to Canonfire! and Firefox doesn't. Wink

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:01 pm  

I'm still using my site, Issak, and if you need some hosting $$$, just let me know.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: