Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Creature Crucluble Races appropriate for GH?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- Basic D&D
    Creature Crucluble Races appropriate for GH?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:19 am  
    Creature Crucluble Races appropriate for GH?

Which PC races would be appropriate in a GH campaign?

Earth Gnomes seems like a given. How about Centaurs?

-Havard

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:29 am  

Well I think the obvious answer to that is, whatever races you want to allow your players to play. I like sticking to the basic races for the most part but it is fun to be able to branch out and play something non standard. I have both a Minotaur and a Gnoll Character that i have played in the past. So being able to use other races can be a lot of fun. I was looking over my old copy of the "Thieves Guild" game and they had several other non standard races for play such as Goblins, Pixies, centaurs and Kobolds. It really comes down to what you want to let you players play and what fits for your game.
    GreySage

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:52 am  

I think Greyhawk is flexible enough to absorb anything from the Creature Crucible series, though if you like you could eliminate anything that seems too specifically Mystaran (faenare, kna, tabi, nagpa, shark-kin).
    GreySage

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:04 am  

Though any adventuring race other than the basics should be very rare in Greyhawk, the PCs are, by definition, nearly unique. So, what race you allow your players to play as is up to you as a DM and what your players are capable of.

That said, I restrict PC races to those that, in my campaign, are graced with agency. Therefore, humanoids, dragons, most undead, etc. are not allowed. Centaurs, Duergar, Svirfneblin, etc. are possible options.

If an experienced player really wants to play as a Minotaur, for example, we come up with a history for that character that explains why this particular member of the species has agency (choosing between Good and Evil) while the others don't.

SirXaris
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- Basic D&D All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: