Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Adventure into Zeif (campaign based on real world)
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Adventure into Zeif (campaign based on real world)
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:01 pm  
    Adventure into Zeif (campaign based on real world)

So I'm starting up a new campaign soon. The PC's are based in Greyhawk City and will be journeying to Zeif. None of my players know anything about Zeif and are in for a bit of culture shock.

Furthermore, the leader of the group is a retired Marine. I know Zeif somewhat mirrors the real world Middle East and I was thinking of loosely basing it on real world events that have taken place in recent years. I was thinking of coming up with some scenarios based on what the armed services have dealt with there, such as in Iraq. Like having insurgents running around terrorizing little towns and the PC's having to liberate the people. Bad guys setting up ambushes for the PC's and maybe even IED's (firetrapped?).

I would have the PC's maybe even be in charge of a small detachment of soldiers to give it a better feel. I could have them armed with repeating crossbows (or double crossbows) and some kind of grenades (alchemists fire).

I was even thinking of having them go after the leader of some insurgents that goes by the name of Amaso Nedal (read it backwards).

Anybody got any tips, advice? Anybody here know much about Zeif that could be tied in?

Thanks Cool
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:56 pm  

Wow!

That's quite a distance why are they going to Zeif in the first place? I would probably look to hook the PC's with the differences in Zeif besides they will be traveling through a lot of territory You might want to have them get involved in other nations first.

Most nations in that area are against the Ketish nation which tried to annex all of Bissel during the wars and is one of four governments with control over the nations former capital Thornward.

It's more plausible for insurgency there. So what you need to do is come up with a reason for this to happen in Zeif.

Argon
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:07 am  

For an example of a similar adventure, look att I9. This module is generic but sometimes placed on Oerth. I placed it myself in Ull.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:12 am  

As mentioned by Argon, Thornward is Greyhawk's Jerusalem. The city is divided between three or four political/religious powers and their respective peoples. This makes for very fertile ground for zealots of all kinds to engage in terrorism. Perhaps some events in Thornward involving the PCs will lead them on to Zeif to track down the head of the worst of the terror organizations operating there.

SirXaris
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:50 pm  

Thanks Gilban, I just grabbed the pdf of module I9-Day of Al'Akbar. That's a pretty cool 2nd edition module. It is generic, but it's pretty obvious that it's meant to take place in Zeif or near abouts. I don't know if I can tie it in but maybe I can use it later.

I don't know much about Thornward. I checked on the GHWiki, but it's mostly blank.

I figured them travelling all the way to Zeif would make for some interesting encounters along the way. I was thinking of having them run into Prince Brightflame (Melf) and the Knights of Luna in Veluna

Also, before they leave Greyhawk I may have them seek out Wasim Qharallah’s Golden Scimitar-They're a group of Baklunish sellswords that work in the Foreign Quarter as guards.

What other ideas/nuggets of wisdom do some of you have? Smile
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: