ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Pathfinder & 1st ed hybrid - that's how I roll
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder
    Pathfinder & 1st ed hybrid - that's how I roll
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:02 pm  
    Pathfinder & 1st ed hybrid - that's how I roll

Hi Everyone,

I am running a campaign using the Pathfinder rules, but using the 1st edition modules and some Pathfinder adventures. Over all, the big plan is to run them through "Against the Giants." My plan is as follows:

1. The Haunting of Harrowstone (Pathfinder. Just to get everyone gelled and have things afoot)

2. The Sentinel (1st ed. Having them some into some contact with ogre's and a sign that something is stirring in the mountains)

3. The Gauntlet (1st ed. Sequel to The Sentinel. Lets them in on the fact that something ugly is happening - cause there's a fire giant in the adventure)

4. When A Star Falls (1st ed. Fun little adventure, lets them relax a little)

5. ?

6. Hook Hill Massacre (Pathfinder. Backwoods ogre's and Deliverence banjo playing, what could be better? The Ogre's are part of the initial plan of the Giants operations).

7. Against the Giants (1st ed. nuff said.)

8. Did you say Ravenloft? Or maybe a nasty trek to the Sea of Dust?

What I need is a good suggestion for a FIFTH adventure. I doesn't have to tie right in with the over all story, so anything not too complicated will work. Anything official or something home brew you have played (and really, really enjoyed) come to mind? Thanks in advance for all of your help. Not sure if this was the place to post this, but it covers a bunch, so... Embarassed
    GreySage

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:23 pm  

Based upon the order you've listed the modules, I think The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth or White Plume Mountain would fit in at the appropriate levels. Those are both classic, awesome adventure modules. The original Ravenloft would work there too if you play Strahd in as deadly a fashion as you can, no holds barred. Evil Grin

I'm working on an adventure to post to Canonfire/the Oerth Journal that is also for levels just before Against the Giants. If I finish in time, I hope you'll consider it, too. Cool

Of course, if you are running Against the Giants, you must insert House of the Brothers (Dungeon Magzine #6) as a side trek when you feel it appropriate. I put it between the Steading and the Glacial Rift portions of AtG.

SirXaris
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:47 pm  

#5: You may want to run I1: Dwellers of the Forbidden City(levels 4-6) in this slot. Then you could run I2: Tomb of the Lizard King(levels 5-7), or(depending on the character's levels) skip I2 and go straight to I3-5: Desert of Desolation Trilogy(I3: Pharaoh, I4: Oasis of the White Palm, I5: Lost Tomb of Martek). Tweak the names/geography of the last three just a bit, and set it in the southern Paynims vaguely near Lake Undrakankar. The I series is very good, and has a variety of locales which further serve to make things interesting.

Running through those adventures should bring the characters to about 9th level, which means they ought have a decent chance of avoiding the dreaded TPK when they adventure through the updated to 3.5/PF G1-3 adventures.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:25 pm  

Cebrion wrote:
    Then you could run I2: Tomb of the Lizard King(levels 5-7),

In a fine example of Jungian synchronicity I was reviewing that module tonight, having learned that it was moved into the WoG [Keoland, specifically]

I second Cebrion's suggestion to use it as it's an excellent module.

Here's a link to the mention of its inclusion in Keoland:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=lg/lgmp/20030515
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: