ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Calendar of the Flanaess, PDF version
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Calendar of the Flanaess, PDF version
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:01 pm  
    Calendar of the Flanaess, PDF version

Hi

I have made a Calendar in the form of a pdf file you can use on the computer or print, it has form fields pre-made.

It is an early version so please chack it for errors and things that could be improved.

http://ghmaps.net/forms/FlanCal_v3_1.pdf

Anna
    GreySage

Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:50 pm  

Looks great, Anna! :)

I like that you have included the phases of the moon. That's a nice addition. I also like the large area to take campaign notes.

Notes:

You have a "0" after each "Year:" That will print with the rest of the calendar and will mess it up when the player/DM tries to write their own date in that blank.

I'm not sure that many campaigns consider stuff happening each day. Maybe have small boxes for each day, taking up a third of each page, with the rest of the page devoted to a large, generic Notes box. I'm not sure of this, though. I suppose each day has lots happening in the middle of an adventure. It's just that sometimes days, weeks, or even months go by while the PCs travel from one location to the next and no actual adventuring takes place.

I did not read through everything carefully. These notes are just from taking a brief glimpse, so if there are spelling/grammatical errors, I didn't check for them. :)

SirXaris

Edit:

1st of Readying - You mention the "Festival of Bane." Is Bane even a Greyhawk deity? I thought he was a now-dead Forgotten Realms deity replaced by Cyric. Confused

Also, I notice that you listed the days of the week (Starday, Sunday, Moonday, etc.). I'm no Greyhawk calendar expert, but do these days remain the same every month of every year? That would mean that with seven days in a week, every month must be exactly 28 days long and, with only 12 months, the year must be only 336 days long. Is that correct?

SX
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:18 pm  

If you put in the year on the front page it will be displayed on every week page.

I think you're right about the Festival of Bane, I took it from other Greyhawk calendars without proper research.

You have to count the 4 week long festivals into the equation too which makes it 364 days.

Anna
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:06 pm  

I think a lot of people are going to like this daily calendar, thought it would be better if on could fill in the blank areas and save it(not being able to do so is a limitation of the pdf format I believe). Still, DMs(or whoever) can print out the calendar and then write in their own notes by hand, planning out campaign events as far into the future as they want to. If you wish, this calendar can be hosted at Canonfire! in the Downloads section too.

Last edited by Cebrion on Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:08 pm  

You can fill in and save your notes!

Please host it at Canonfire Smile
    Paladin

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:31 pm  

Anna,
    Looks Good!... Great minds must dwell in similar places, I too have been tinkering with a calendar, but mine is by month. It would be a good pairing with yours. Will Post after Holiday.
    Note to All:
    I was entertaining both as a PDF and a word doc so it could be re-used over and over if there is any interest?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:01 pm  

Very nice, Anna. Thanks!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:38 am  

Wow! This is really nice, Anna, I think I can get a lot of mileage out of this calendar.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:14 pm  

Yup great work indeed.

I have also been working on a day to day calendar that includes weather, sunrise, sunset etc.

Should be finished soon if anyone is interested.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:41 am  

Anna wrote:
    You can fill in and save your notes!
    Adobe Acrobat allows for this, but Adobe Reader does not so far as I can tell- none of the save options work correctly.
    Anna wrote:
    Please host it at Canonfire Smile

Will do! Cool

Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:52 am  

@Cebrion:

The file was created using Adobe Acrobat (or similar). It would have been in this process that the different forms would have been created to make them fillable. This has nothing to do with Adobe Reader.

All fillable pdfs are useable with Adobe Reader provided that you have the same version or later. I would suggest that you update your version of Arcobat to a later version.

I have tested Ann's pdf on different computers with Adobe Reader and file can be saved.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:15 am  

I am fully updated to Adobe Reader 10.1.1, still can't save a filled-in document, and just get this:

I do have Adobe Acrobat, so I can get around this and save the document. I am just hoping to render it a non-issue for others too.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:05 am  

Acrobat only saves things before 3am in the morning ..... Shocked
    Master Greytalker

Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:42 pm  

that's really odd, Ceb. I don't get that problem at all. And I have saved three copies in the v2 and v3 of the calendar.

And I'm in Acrobat Pro 10.1.1
    Owner and Lead Admin: https://greyhawkonline.com<div>Editor-in-Chief of the Oerth Journal: https://greyhawkonline.com/oerthjournal</div><div>Visit my professional art gallery: https://wkristophnolen.daportfolio.com</div>
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:20 pm  

Looking Good Anna! Everything is working correctly for me, and I am exactly the type of person that records many day to day occurances, especially in the midst of a mission.

The Festival of Bane refers to St. Bane, and although i don't have my information at hand, I remember him as being a powerful crusader in the times of the early Aerdy Kingdom, possibly Heironean or Pholtan? Hunting down and destroying undead was a specialty, but I can't remember anything more specific, as I tend to confuse him with the later St. Benedor of the Knights Protector.

He was one of the beatified knights, sainted by the patron gods of Aerdy, but I'd love some more direct information from the local sages around here.

Keep up the wonderful projects! Soon there won't be an aspect of my game I can't use one of your resources for )
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:29 pm  

St. Bane the Scourger, as per the GHWiki: http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Saint_Bane

See the full article in Dragon Magazine #79 for a bit more on him and other saints.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:11 pm  

Thanks for your help digging up info on St Bane, I'll try and include that in the next update. So if you find anything else you want added post here and I will include it in future versions.

Anna
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: