Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - DA Modules in Greyhawk?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- Basic D&D
    DA Modules in Greyhawk?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:43 am  
    DA Modules in Greyhawk?

Although the DA modules connect Blackmoor to Mystara's Known World, I know that several people have used them with Greyhawk's Blackmoor. When in the Greyhawk Timeline would be the best fit for these modules?

-Havard

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:24 am  

WOTC released a "Return to the Temple of the Frog" adventure in 2006. If we follow the Living Greyhawk timeline, that would be 596 CY. The events of DA2 are described as happening, "over twenty years ago," so prior to 576 CY.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:56 am  

DMPrata wrote:
    WOTC released a "Return to the Temple of the Frog" adventure in 2006. If we follow the Living Greyhawk timeline, that would be 596 CY. The events of DA2 are described as happening, "over twenty years ago," so prior to 576 CY.

Interesting. I was thinking along the lines of Fredrick Weining's idea of placing Uther's Blackmoor much farther back into the GH timeline.

-Havard

Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:01 am  

It depends on how much of the DA series' background you'd want to use, I think. Something like Temple of the Frog (especially the original version) or City of the Gods could be stuck in Greyhawk's modern-day Blackmoor without much trouble, but if you want to include more of Dave Arneson's Blackmoor setting, with Blackmoor as a kingdom instead of an archbarony and the invading army of Peshwah and so on, another period might work better, either the past or the future. One possibility is to replace the Peshwah with the Relentless Horde that cut Blackmoor off from the south in 320 CY.
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:17 am  
    Old Gygax Characters Era

If the old Gygax characters where from the era of the Citadel of Eight era, that would be around 561. Twenty years later would be 581.

...But then I have a note which says something about Iuz being imprisoned by Zagyg and I have a reference to Murlynd next to a date of 505. Twenty years later would be 525.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:16 pm  

My idea would be having the Oerth Blackmoor as a type of planar bleed of the true Blackmoor. The true Blackmoor could be a demi-plane or on an alternate Oerth. The deeper you go into Oerth BM you are actually crossing into the True BM. If only a few adventurers ever returned from this then, it would not be very likely that the true nature of Blackmoor would be known.

Julian<div><br /></div><div><br /></div>
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- Basic D&D All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: