JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Bards in 1e
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- AD&D 1st Edition
    Bards in 1e
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:01 pm  
    Bards in 1e

I was thumbing through my 1e PHB and noticed this when I read Appendix II: Bards.

Quote:
    As this character class subsumes the functions of two other classes, fighters and thieves, and tops them off with magical abilities, it is often not allowed by Dungeon Masters. Even through this presentation is greatly modified from the original bard character class, it is offered as supplemental to the system, and your DM will be the final arbiter as to the inclusion of bards in your campaign.

I was wondering where the bard was originally presented and what type of abilities it had?
    Paladin

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:56 pm  
    Re: Bards in 1e

Cyrusalthantas wrote:
    I was thumbing through my 1e PHB and noticed this when I read Appendix II: Bards.

Quote:
    As this character class subsumes the functions of two other classes, fighters and thieves, and tops them off with magical abilities, it is often not allowed by Dungeon Masters. Even through this presentation is greatly modified from the original bard character class, it is offered as supplemental to the system, and your DM will be the final arbiter as to the inclusion of bards in your campaign.

I was wondering where the bard was originally presented and what type of abilities it had?

It was in the precursor to Dragon, which is to say Strategic Review #6, pp. 11-12. The ranger, illusionist, and bard all first saw print in the Strategic Review, the paladin and thief arrived with Supplement I: Greyhawk (though the latter appeared in a fanzine earlier than that), the monk and assassin are in Supplement II: Blackmoor, and the druid can be found in Supplement III: Eldritch Wizardry. I think that is all of them.
    GreySage

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:22 pm  

DLG = +20 ranks in Knowledge (Greyhawk lore). Happy

SirXaris
    Paladin

Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:42 am  

SirXaris wrote:
    DLG = +20 ranks in Knowledge (Greyhawk lore). Happy
    SirXaris

LOL Ancient Knowledge maybe, 1e and 'white box" I cut my teeth on, still trying to get my arms around this 3.5e stuff.
    And besides I have ambitions of ascending to the level of Rasgon, Cebrion, Mortellan, MasterArminas, you and I'm certain many others that I am woefully less learned. Wink
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- AD&D 1st Edition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: