JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Invisis Vis
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop
    Invisis Vis
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:01 pm  
    Invisis Vis

here http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=508&mode=nested&order=0&thold=-1 is a bunch of spells that got cut from my force magic article in Dragon, comments, criticisms, praises, rants, raves, etc. are all welcome.

Wes :)

Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:28 pm  

This is a semi-rant. Wes, IIRC when you wrote the article was it GH inclined? And in result they chopped up the article and sucked the GH out of it. The 'little known magic school', that was the line that got me. I don't mind writing a general article or having things dropped for space reasons, but it would be kind of a put off, for me at any rate, for submitting future articles. So my thought or inquiry for you Wes is do you think under Mona there will be less or the same amount of editing when you submit to Dragon? And while I am on the subject do you have anything else in the works?
    Forum Moderator

Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:44 pm  

Anonymous wrote:
    This is a semi-rant. Wes, IIRC when you wrote the article was it GH inclined? And in result they chopped up the article and sucked the GH out of it. The 'little known magic school', that was the line that got me. I don't mind writing a general article or having things dropped for space reasons, but it would be kind of a put off, for me at any rate, for submitting future articles. So my thought or inquiry for you Wes is do you think under Mona there will be less or the same amount of editing when you submit to Dragon? And while I am on the subject do you have anything else in the works?

That was my post, I didn't know you could post without being signed in, odd.
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:45 pm  

I am inclinde to thinki that under Mona there will be less chopage of greyhawk material, considiering his proclaimed "greyhawk as core setting" stance.

Yes my article was set in greyhawk background-wise when I submitted it... and yes I was a little dissapointed to see that content removed, and the University of Magical Arts relegated to a "Little known magic school"... but would I let that discourage me from submitting future articles? heck no... and guess what future articles that I submit will have thier back ground set in greyhawk as well.

As for future stuff that I have in the works... I have a monster article called "Horrors of Hepmonaland" (Lets see them remove the greyhawk content from that!) that Erik has stated intent to publish, but he doesn;t know when it will be fit into the schedule... I am still waiting to hear back from a couple of short articles that I submitted (A heroic feats article and an adventurer tricks article, both of which are short around 500 words... and are not background specific)... I was asked to resubmit an article that I sent to them last year around the begining of 2005, so I will be resending them a spell article about dragon magic in january sometime... oh and I have been helping Gary with the Rift Canyon backdrop that he has been working on... although when it will appeasr in Dungeon is anybodies guess.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:12 am  

Thank you for posting this. It's great having the rest of the article
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:21 am  

no problem :)
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: