JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Land of Black Ice
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Land of Black Ice
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun May 27, 2012 5:23 pm  
    Land of Black Ice

Can someone direct me to any articles related to the Land of Black Ice? These articles can be on this site or even another web site. This area has always interested me, but I have never been able to find much information on it. Thank you in advance........... Smile
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sun May 27, 2012 8:15 pm  

Canonfire! SEARCH functions.

Google.

Greyhawk Wiki (a.k.a. the Great Library of Greyhawk, or GLoG).

There is so much out there for Blackmoor (which is the term I would search for, not "land of black ice", as that will pull up anything with the words "land", "black", or "ice" in it) that the above really are the easiest ways to find information.

Last edited by Cebrion on Mon May 28, 2012 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon May 28, 2012 5:36 am  

Gah! Canonfire ate my massive reply... alas, in a nutshell, here's a blurb I wrote as a teaser for my players towards the conclusion of my "Into the Land of Black Ice" campaign.

" It begins… A band of demons led by the succubus Ariss, had been charged by the demon lord Kostchtchie with the task of reassembling the Bringer of Doom, an arcane artifact which had wrought great destruction in the Invoked Devastation. Although the Bringer of Doom is now powerless, the demons had learned of five magical orbs, the Eyes of Celene, which could be used to reactivate its powers. Originally empowered by the five canopic vases of the mage-god Allazaran, the Bringer of Doom now rests within the Land of Black Ice. Should the demons find all five orbs and place them, along with the Bringer of Doom, in the receptacle known as the Occulus Alembic, a new age of evil would be unleashed upon Oerth.

The ends draws near… To make matters worse, the demons have also learned of the Tovag Baragu. This holy site of Istus had been used in the calling of the Rain of Colorless Fire. As a balance for unleashing that magical storm, Istus let fall the Blizzard of Black Ice; an unholy amalgam of the lands of Hades, Tarterus, Gehenna, The Nine Hells, and the Abyss. When the Blizzard becalmed, the Land of Black Ice had been born, surrounded by the Greater Rift, a chasm filled with poisonous mists in which a river of boiling waters slowly circled. To further protect the Tovag Baragu from such abuse, Istus ripped it from its resting place by the shores of the salt lake Udrukankar and placed it within the Land of Black Ice, in a land of endless summer known as Rigodruok - the Rainbow Vale. Although protected by the Lesser Rift and the curtain of vapors which enshroud it, the powers of the Tovag Baragu could be combined with those of the Bringer of Doom, thus endangering the entire multiverse.

Of Sole Salvation are the Five… One Eye of Celene lies far to the north, in the cavern of the Ice Medusa. Yet another is in the grasp of the Shadow Demon Zander, who, in his days among the living, was captive to Ariss. A third is unknowingly guarded by Revok the Lycanthrope Hunter. The fourth Eye has bonded with the body of a young gargoyle, daughter to the daughter of Ariss. The whereabouts of the fifth eye remain unknown.

It Ends… The demons have dispatched troops to recover the wayward Eyes of Celene. They have conquered the guardians of the Occulus Alembic within the ruins known as the Forgotten Forefinger of Allazaran. They plot their journey to the Lesser Rift and the sequestered Tovag Baragu. They grow closer, each day, to discovering the secret of the Bringer of Doom.

Ask Yourself the Question… What If They Won?"
    Adept Greytalker

Tue May 29, 2012 3:41 am  

*Points to sig.*

This is where google will most likely lead you.

While Greyhawk's BM, and *the real* BM aren't quite the same,
    you will find that the Black Ice theme is recurring in our version of the setting as well.

Basically, all magic is fueled by magic crystals, similar to the ones from the Black Ice.

Tue May 29, 2012 7:10 am  

I posted some speculations that might prove interesting for you on my blog some time ago: http://greyhawkgrognard.blogspot.com/2010/07/land-of-black-ice-and-hollow-oerth.html

Joe / GG
    CF Admin

Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:45 pm  

We have a long-lapsed special project on the LoBI too: http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=43

Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:11 am  

GreyhawkGrognard wrote:
    I posted some speculations that might prove interesting for you on my blog some time ago: http://greyhawkgrognard.blogspot.com/2010/07/land-of-black-ice-and-hollow-oerth.html

Joe / GG

Sir,

I wrote it here,I wrote it there, those Frenchies fear me everywhere...

Okay, not that, exactly, but...

Your blog is one of the best out there.
    Get an email subscription program for your blog, please, OR I WILL CUT YOU.

Seriously. Really. Iz serious.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:24 am  

Ask and ye shall receive, Le Noir... You'll find an email subscription gadget on the right-hand side of the blog now.

Joe / GG
    http://greyhawkgrognard.blogspot.com
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:59 am  

Happy Many thanks!

...And now, please, if you make all my wishes come true, I'd appreciate a new car, and a drunken and morally liberal blonde that wants to hear tales about my 12th level ranger! Smile
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: