Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Original City of Greyhawk?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Original City of Greyhawk?
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:16 pm  
    Original City of Greyhawk?

I'd just like some clarification from those who have Moore's "The Adventure Begins":

Locations in the City of Greyhawk like False Duke's Stables (page 125), Phoenix Boarding House (page 123), The Dead House (formerly Madame Serena's Fortune Telling, page 118), the Metalsmith's Hall (page 112), and McGloogan's Warehouse (page 107), all have references to how they used to be; the the Phoenix Boarding House used to be the Black Orchid, the former proprietor of the False Duke's Stables wanted to overthrow the government of the Duchy of Urnst, the Metalsmith's Hall once excluded dwarves for fear of their greed, etc.

I'm just wondering; what's the product that has information on these places as they used to be, before they changed? I'd like more info on the Black Orchid, Madame Serena's, and other places specifically, as opposed to reading about them as they used to be. Anyone able to help?
    <div align="left">Going to war without Keoland is like going to war without a pipe organ.&nbsp; They both make a lot of noise and they're both a lot of dead weight, so what's the point in taking them along?&nbsp;</div>
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:23 pm  

The old boxed set "The City of Greyhawk" from 1989 have all the information you are looking for.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:35 pm  

The Black Orchid Boarding House used to be run by a very light-skinned, white-haired elf. Her name was Derken Gale and one of the "Shapechangers" used to live there (Imogen Gellet).

Madame Serena's Fortunetelling was a tiny shack at the corner of the Processional and Caravan Street. Madame Serena was a wrinkled woman wrapped in colorful rags.

It you want to know more, just aks, maybe i can help as i am the lucky owner of the boxed set (in perfect condition Laughing )
    CF Admin

Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:58 pm  
    Great Product.

That City of Greyhawk boxed set is one of my favorite D&D products ever. Maps, adventure caeds, a couple of books - great stuff. And yes, it answers your questions, CruelSummerLord. It's a worthy investment if you can find a set. I have two - one for flipping through, and one that nobody's touches under pain of death!

Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:46 pm  

Definately one of my favorites as well. Great stuff.

.............................Omote
    FPQ

Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:44 am  

Top notch book, my favorite section is the code of laws. Nothing like trumping PCs with a list of criminal charges. My books have been used to the point they are taped together, the maps are not much better off. Luckily the updated map from LGJ took it's place.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:57 am  

I have two set just as Greyson. One taped together and one that only I am allowed to touch. It IS a really good boxed set with lots of information about Greyhawk and the area around the city itself.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:19 am  

... and of the best features of this box set is the fact that it' doesn't even really need to be reprinted if GH ever full came back into the light of published materials! What I mean by that is the information in the box set "aged" really well as the roll of the years in the setting went by. The information can still be very current IMO.

For those of you who are looking for the definative Greyhawk City information, I would suggest getting on e-Bay and picking up this box set. A complete box set could be picked up for between $25-$50 if you take a little time to look. It is a product that IMO is worth the money to find.

...............................Omote
    FPQ

Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:45 am  

Sadly, I believe this was the one of the few Greyhawk products that was never scanned and converted to PDF. I lost my copy years ago to a flood and have been clamouring to replace it since. Sad
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: