ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Brand confusion over wiki name
    Canonfire Forum Index -> The Great Library of Greyhawk Wiki
    Brand confusion over wiki name
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:08 am  
    Brand confusion over wiki name

Hi,

Ages back, people working on the wiki voted to call it "The Great Library of Greyhawk".

However, the name at the top of each page is "Greywiki".

I'm not sure if this is because "The Great Library of Greyhawk" is too long to actually fit into the space for the name (I suspect it might be) but it is causing brand confusion. (And I think the brand confusion is lowering the place the wiki has in the search engine ranks and making it harder for fans to find it.)

Is there any chance that the admins on the wiki can talk to Gary about this, find out if "The Great Library of Greyhawk" is problematic and then do something about finding a shorter name if it is.

If he isn't ever going to change the name from "Greywiki" it might be better to rename this forum, and move the page you have on WikiIndex (I can do that if you need me to) so that we have one name for people to use for the wiki.
    David 'Big Mac' Shepheard<br />My Greyhawk links: http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=11&amp;t=9355<br />(If I am not here, you can find me at the Greyhawk or Chainmail forums at The Piazza.)<br />
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:56 pm  

I just email Gary and await his response.

If "Great Library of Greyhawk" is too long, I think "GLoG" would also work. Thoughts?
       Canonfire Forum Index -> The Great Library of Greyhawk Wiki All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: