JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Reporting spam
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Canonfire! & GreyTalk Support and Feedback
    Reporting spam
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:30 pm  
    Reporting spam

I've looked around to try to find the procedure for reporting a spammer to the moderator team, but can't find how to do it. Confused

Anyhoo, I found a spammer called canejackie who added a spam comment to the article called An Overview of Oerik back in 2008.

I checked canejackie's profile and that seems to be the only thing they have ever posted. But it is a shame to have a spam cluttering up the bottom of a cool article and I'd like to get a message onto whoever can get rid of it.
    David 'Big Mac' Shepheard<br />My Greyhawk links: http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=11&amp;t=9355<br />(If I am not here, you can find me at the Greyhawk or Chainmail forums at The Piazza.)<br />
    GreySage

Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:00 pm  
    Re: Reporting spam

bigmac wrote:
    I've looked around to try to find the procedure for reporting a spammer to the moderator team, but can't find how to do it. Confused

Whenever I discover a spammer, I send a PM to an administrator or two - Cebrion and Mortellan seem to be the ones who frequent the sight the most often. One of them always gets on it fairly quickly.

SirXaris

Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:10 pm  

This is the right way to report a spammer in Comments. Unfortunately I do not have access to deleting comments, otherwise this one, and quite a few others, would be gone. I could swear that malcontents have some way of knowing when I have my computer taken down (as it has been for two days) due to some home improvement project or other, or I am away on vacation or something, because it never seems to fail that something happens. One spammer already slain and eradicated. I'll look into the spammer comments a bit more (because, yes, they are annoying), and either get the access I need or have Gary chop away at these Comments.

And thanks for the heads up. Smile

Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:08 pm  

Here is another if your still on the Spaminator Quest located in the replies
    http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=55

Laughing
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Canonfire! & GreyTalk Support and Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
    You can reply to topics in this forum
    You can edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Canonfire! is a production of the Thursday Group in assocation with GREYtalk and Canonfire! Enterprises

Contact the Webmaster.  Long Live Spidasa!

Greyhawk Gothic Font by Darlene Pekul is used under the Creative Commons License.

PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2005 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL. PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license.
    Page Generation: 0.53 Seconds