JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Oerth Journal 27
    Canonfire Forum Index -> The Oerth Journal
    Oerth Journal 27
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:00 pm  
    Oerth Journal 27

This is me, a lowly bullywug, probably overstepping his boundaries in an attempt to get the ball rolling on a new Oerth Journal.

I'm not sure who's in charge, so I'm not real sure who I should be talking to. I suppose that since it's a community thing, everyone should be in on it, so here I am posting this in a public forum.

I suppose my big question is, "Is there an OJ 27 in development, and if not, can there be?".

I'm a big fan, and I just want to help. I, myself, am not much of a writer, but I feel that I could most definitely contribute through my artwork. I know that a good majority of the Oerth Journal crew have been busy working on the first edition of Canonfire! Chronicles (myself included), so I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a lot of development going on regarding the OJ at the moment.

There's my speal. Ribbit.
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:35 am  

I don't think there's anything happening at the moment. I think I have a few articles on hand, but they need editing, are several years old, and I don't even know if the authors are around anymore.

Note that I am NOT taking on this task; I'm just minding the store until someone comes along to do proper work.
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:39 am  

Actually, looking at the emails it looks like Dennis Lovatt, aka Argon, might be moving forward with some OJ stuff.
    GreySage

Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:49 am  

Yes, articles are always being accepted for the OJ, so anyone who is interested in writing one, feel free to submit it. Argon is collecting those articles and sending them to me for editing.

At the moment, I believe we have two or three articles ready for the next OJ (#27). Yes, we are busy with the CC, but we expect to release OJs whenever we have enough articles for a new edition. So, write and submit away, folks! Happy

We also greatly appreciate any who are willing to volunteer their skills as artists, as unemployedbullywug has recently done. Thanks! Happy

SirXaris

Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:52 am  

Xaris - I just sent Dennis an email. Do you have the Highfolk article/folder? I have the following: Ket, Highfolk, Shaofang, Card Box, and an LG adventure.

I want to make sure you guys have all of them.
    GreySage

Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:58 pm  

Nellisir wrote:
    Xaris - I just sent Dennis an email. Do you have the Highfolk article/folder? I have the following: Ket, Highfolk, Shaofang, Card Box, and an LG adventure.

I want to make sure you guys have all of them.

I don't think I've seen any of those, Nellisir. I'll check them over when Argon sends me a copy. That looks like a good beginning for the next OJ. Wink

SirXaris

Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:30 pm  

Sir Xaris,

Nellisir, contacted me and hopefully soon I'll have those articles sent your way. Note anyone with adobe illustrator would be welcome. This would help speed up things a little bit. We have someone on staff though a backup or fellow contributor would help greatly.

Bullywug,

I want to thank you in advance for all your hard work in delivering quality art for the ezines.

Later

Argon
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:14 am  

Argon wrote:
    Nellisir, contacted me and hopefully soon I'll have those articles sent your way. Note anyone with adobe illustrator would be welcome. This would help speed up things a little bit. We have someone on staff though a backup or fellow contributor would help greatly.

Did I send you, or anyone, those articles? I have no recollection of doing so... <sigh>

Email me if you still need them. nellisir at gmail etc etc.

I have Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign, but I haven't used them for a few months and I probably don't have much time in which to do anything, so call me as an absolutely last resort.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:14 pm  

[quote="Nellisir"]
    Argon wrote:
    I have Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign...

I have these too...is there anything I can do to help?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:49 am  

Mempter,

Yes we would love all the assistance we can get. PM me and I'll send you my email address so we can move things forward.

Nellisir.

I sent you an email just forward me what you have and I can work on getting whatever else we need for OJ 27.

Later

Argon
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:23 am  

Received the files from Nellisir. SirXaris your next on the list. Email is coming your way.

Later

Argon
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:45 pm  

I'll do some artwork! *bullywug smile*
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:48 pm  

Unemployed Bullywug,

Your contributions for the CC are appreciated. We would be glad to include more of your art in the Oerth Journal as well. PM Icarus on the boards or shoot me an email oerthjournal<at>gmail dot com. Also contact nintendo. Because I prefer your Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi over their version. If they don't want you try Capcom or Konami. I was really digging your video game art. I already like your D&D art and hope to see some of your artwork in every e-zine we publish. Happy

Later

Argon
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:16 pm  

Do we have anything rolling for this yet? Any theme in particular? Or are we still just waiting for submissions?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:07 pm  

We have submissions. I'll go through them with Sir Xaris and maybe put some descriptors together so you can work on that project of yours.
    Master Greytalker

Sat May 03, 2014 10:04 pm  

Did Oerth Journal #27 ever made public? Is the Oerth Journal still being made or has the magazine gone extinct?

Sun May 04, 2014 6:38 pm  

We are still accepting article submissions for OJ #27. Smile

SirXaris

Sun May 04, 2014 8:04 pm  

SirXaris wrote:

SirXaris

In the event that I would like to contribute an article, whom do I contact and send a draft to?

Sun May 04, 2014 8:11 pm  

EileenProphetofIstus wrote:
    SirXaris wrote:

SirXaris

In the event that I would like to contribute an article, whom do I contact and send a draft to?

Scroll up and look in the Features box on the left-hand side of your screen. Click the Submit Article link and paste your article into the space provided. I think Cebrion is the one that gets those and sends them to Argon who sends them to me for editing, etc. Smile

SirXaris

Sun May 04, 2014 9:01 pm  

SirXaris wrote:
    EileenProphetofIstus wrote:
    SirXaris wrote:

SirXaris

Scroll up and look in the Features box on the left-hand side of your screen. Click the Submit Article link and paste your article into the space provided. I think Cebrion is the one that gets those and sends them to Argon who sends them to me for editing, etc. Smile

SirXaris

Submissions for the Oerth Journal or Cannonfire chronicles should be submitted directly to oerthjournal at gmail.com Submissions submitted to Canonfire are for canonfire. Though Canonfire Chronicles may use articles submitted to the canonfire site.

On a side note waiting on one submission for the OJ 27. Once it is done we will be going through final editing, and design for OJ 27. However, I encourage everyone to submit articles and adventures to be used in both the Oerth Journal and Canonfire Chronicles respectively.

Later

Argon
    CF Admin

Wed May 25, 2016 6:04 pm  

OJ 27 is out!: see http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6334&sid=d11a3280d7cf8550f8ab9851d6356315
       Canonfire Forum Index -> The Oerth Journal All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: