JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Gnarley Forest Questions
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Gnarley Forest Questions
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:27 am  
    Gnarley Forest Questions

Hi Guys. My PCs have reached the Gnarley Forest, on an errand from the Dyvers' Mages' Guild as well as to investigate an infestation of humanoids (Blackthorn). The campaign is using the Slavers Module (TSR11621) as a backbone but I haven't been adhering to a strict timeline ... set in 591 CY.

The plan is to have the PCs realize that they are in over their heads with the sheer numbers of humanoids at Blackthorn, and beat a hasty retreat, however, you know how things can go awry! Razz I need to be prepared for all eventualities. Anyways, any official or non sources for the olven communities mentioned in various sources?

I have a good idea of what I want to do with the Gnarley Rangers, as well as the Druids and Werebears, should they be encountered. The various Woodsmen communities I will treat as rough, frontier hamlets with fierce streaks of independence. I find I am stuck on the fairy realms and the elves. Are these detailed?

As usual, any assistance is really appreciated.
    GreySage

Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:28 pm  

From the Ashes gives great detail and information about the Gnarley Forest, from the denizens and communities (elven included) to maps you will find of absolute value.

The City of Greyhawk boxed set is also of worth if you cannot get a hold of the aforementioned resource.

-Lanthorn, NOT Blackthorn Wink

Last edited by Lanthorn on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Master Greytalker

Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:44 pm  

I did some stuff with the Gnarley Forest in my online campaign. It's all here:

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5580

The Gnarley part really focused on Zendrelda's Tower, which is in the begging part. After that, the party hit the Wild Coast.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:36 am  

Awesome, thanks guys!

I need to check the From the Ashes set I have Black, err Lanthorn Wink

Good stuff too Ragnar, thanks for the link!
    GreySage

Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:09 am  

You're truly welcome.

Check out the "Campaign Book" in FtA specifically. The Gnarley Forest starts on page 38.

You will find listings about elves on page 40. Rangers are on pages 41-42, with information following about swanmays, druids, and the fey folk. Humanoids, werebears, and various sites follow thereafter...

If you need anything else, feel free to field more questions. You are in 'good company.' Wink

-Lanthorn, Ever Asking
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:57 pm  

Thanks Lanthorn, that was really helpful. I got caught up in the Slavers' module, if I'm honest. There is so much information there and I have also included a Gnoll priest of Yeenoghu in Blackthorn, in possession of a sacred manuscript of the demon prince. I think the PCs are going to be busy for a long time indeed ...
    GreySage

Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:43 am  

Warlock, tis my pleasure.

If you have The City of Greyhawk boxed set, check out the Gem of the Flanaess booklet. On pages 36-39, there is a relatively complete outline and basic lay-out for Blackthorn you may find useful.

-Lanthorn
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:45 am  

My mate, Dark Herald, may have that resource so will have to chat to him and see. Thanks for the heads up!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: