Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Battle of Emridy Meadows in Last Dungeon before Hiatus
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Battle of Emridy Meadows in Last Dungeon before Hiatus
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:35 am  
    Battle of Emridy Meadows in Last Dungeon before Hiatus

Just noticed this little titbit tucked away in the announcement of the last D&DN Playtest. Should be accessible to all here
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:57 am  

I'm getting Article or Content Not Found mesage
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:39 am  

I think this is it -- http://www.wizards.com/DND/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4news/20130920. At the bottom of the list of D&D Next Playtest Compatible Offerings.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:55 am  

smillan_31 wrote:
    I think this is it -- http://www.wizards.com/DND/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4news/20130920. At the bottom of the list of D&D Next Playtest Compatible Offerings.

-It's the one that doesn't have a link. Confused Laughing

That's what I get for not subscribing to Dungeon. Razz

I hear they come up with a lot of good GH stuff.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:04 pm  

jamesdglick wrote:
    smillan_31 wrote:

It comes in the December issue... so there's yet time. :)
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:40 pm  

jamesdglick wrote:

Lately, yeah, they have been.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:58 am  

Thanks for fixing the link Smillan. Had another though about this last night - if they are moving ToEE to FR as posted elsewhere, then will this be a more generic or FR adventure. Surely they can't move such a crucial bit of GH history elsewhere, can they?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:06 pm  

I know the rumors, but I'll be surprised if they simply move the ToEE to FR. There's been more GH content in Dungeon and Dragon lately; especially related to this is the "History Check: Temple of Elemental Evil" article in Dragon # 425. I don't see them publishing that and then turning around and plopping the Temple down in Faerun. I think if anything, they might publish a different ToEE in Faerun. But I could also be totally wrong.
    CF Admin

Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:15 pm  

So once the magazines go on hiatus, what's their plan for subscriptions? To me, the hiatus seems like the ideal time to grab a quick subscription (for a day/week/month/whatever the cheapest options are) and then snag all of the Greyhawk content in one fell swoop.

Would that be feasible? Is the GH content readily identifiable if I searched for "greyhawk" as a keyword, or would I need to manually scroll through each issue's TOC to see if an article was relevant to GH or not? For that matter, is there an index to the GH content in Dragon/Dungeon after they went electronic only?

Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:47 pm  

grodog wrote:
    is there an index to the GH content in Dragon/Dungeon after they went electronic only?

4E gamers are really dropping the ball when it comes to Greyhawk indices. They haven't done anything like the Moore/Taylor/Hafner/Robbastard lists of old (help us out, guys!). There's Echohawk's collector guide, but it's missing most of the 4e GH references and is rarely updated.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:02 am  

grodog wrote:
    So once the magazines go on hiatus, what's their plan for subscriptions? To me, the hiatus seems like the ideal time to grab a quick subscription (for a day/week/month/whatever the cheapest options are) and then snag all of the Greyhawk content in one fell swoop.

Would that be feasible? Is the GH content readily identifiable if I searched for "greyhawk" as a keyword, or would I need to manually scroll through each issue's TOC to see if an article was relevant to GH or not? For that matter, is there an index to the GH content in Dragon/Dungeon after they went electronic only?

The electronic content is not easily searchable and the most recent general index is over a year and half old (Dungeon #200). It's also worth noting that Greyhawk is rarely referred to as most GH content has been adapted to be part of the default PoL setting so even when it's Greyhawk, it's often not presented as such.

With a bit of time, I could pull together a list of GH articles and adventures from the 4E era as I have all the issues quite well organised on my PC. I'll see what I can post relatively quickly here.

As to snagging it all at once, that is easy since a month's subs give you access to all DDI content for that month which includes all the electronic mags. For my part, I was going to let my subs lapse at the end of this month but might renew for 3 months to get the last three magazines and the Battle of the Emridy Meadows adventure (which it seems to be) in December.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: