ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Red Hand of Doom
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Red Hand of Doom
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:36 am  
    Red Hand of Doom

Hi All!

Anyone out there run the module Red Hand of Doom in the Flanaess before? I was curious as to where you set this module and if there are any pitfalls or things I need to keep a special eye out for?

Any advice will be appreciated!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:49 am  

I did and placed it in Western Sterich which is where Living Greyhawk placed it. Brindol becomes Mittleberg in Sterich and the rest of the adventure is set further west.

There is a map that rotates the adventure wilderness map and squeezes everything in somewhere out there but can't recall at the moment where I found it.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:42 pm  

There's this one.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ripvanwormer/media/Sterich.jpg.html

From this thread.
    http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8469
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:23 pm  

Thanks so much guys! I did try searching this site but came up empty.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:02 pm  

Yay, next Sterich adventure to torment my players! Evil Grin
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:16 am  

Great Piazza thread. I, like David "Big Mac" Shepheard, was struck by the implications of the ancient Flan kingdom of Rhest that Sergio mentions in the conversion document. The history for my Sterich campaign had a Flan kingdom of Staeryc being founded c. -427 CY by the Rhodri I by uniting the various Flan tribes of the Davish River valley, in order to fight the frost giants who lived above the headwaters of the Davish. I'll have to drag out Red Hand of Doom and see how I can fit Rhest into this. Smile

EDIT: Durrr... Looking at my timeline, looks like I've already got a Red Hand of Doom reference I placed in there.

"356 (CY) A humanoid horde from the Chaos Scar, led by the hobgoblin king Grim Eye, breaks through the King’s Wall and pillages western Sterich in what will be known as the Red Hand War. Absorbed in his wars of conquest, Tavish II, does nothing to aid the Earldom. The Barony of Restwell ceases to exist and the western uplands are chaotic and dangerous for long years to come."
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: