Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Anyone read the 'In the Shadow of Dragons' comics?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Published Material Reviews & Discussion
    Anyone read the 'In the Shadow of Dragons' comics?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:38 am  
    Anyone read the 'In the Shadow of Dragons' comics?

I'm rereading them, they are decent, but I'm a bit curious about how they fit into Greyhawk lore. They are set in Rel Astra, and I _think_ they are post-Greyhawk Wars. But that isn't clear. Certainly Drax is the ruler of Rel Astra in the comic.

But, there seem to be a LOT of paladins _serving_ Drax in the comic, which does not seem to fit what the canon says of rel Astra or Drax.

Any thoughts?
    GreySage

Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:41 pm  

I've only read a synopsis of the first eight editions, but it seems that Drax is not a good guy and that the party is simply a group of good guys working to save the city from the greater evil (the trio of blues). Still, I can't tell if that is pre- or post-Greyhawk Wars, though it sounds more like before.

SirXaris

Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:15 pm  

It's the paladins that confuse me. They should easily determine Drax's nature post-Greyhawk Wars. But they seem to be serving him.

Maybe its some 3e or later deal, I'm a 1e/2e guy and they seem to have really made all sorts of changes to basic character classes I don't know about.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:41 am  

No that I finsihed it, Drax is clearly NOT the post-Greyhawk Wars Drax, so I'm thinking this is a glimpse at life in the Great Kingdom prior to the Greyhawk Wars.

It's a nice little story.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Published Material Reviews & Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: