Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greyhawk source material
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    Greyhawk source material
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:19 am  
    Greyhawk source material

As a newbie, I am trying to find different sources of info on the Grey hawk world and all in it. I am looking for some in depth histories of the land, people and conflicts. I am looking for websites that are info heavy but kind of organized. I could just have my friends tell me as I go along in the game, but it would kind of be be better IMO to be a little more prepared at the table. When someone says something, I would like to know what they are talking about. I have perused many of the articles on this site, including of course the Oerth Journals, and Greyhawk Tavel Guides. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!
    PS: I am also looking for legends, myths and lore. Things that may or may not be fact, but may allude to reasons for an incident to occur.

Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:37 pm  

as far as legends and myths are concerned, to a great degree most of those are made up by the dm, the fact is that greyhawk isnt that detailed and is purposly so for more flexability.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:21 am  

The Greyhawk Adventures hardback started the whole "places of mystery" thing in GH. It is a good place to start for myths and legends.

The From the Ashes boxed set also contains substantial information about myths and legends.

These two products approach myths and legends in an organized way. Other products just tend to throw them in here and there.

The Lving Greyhawk Gazetteer is the best of this latter group. While not systematic, it does cover lots of myths and legends in its more general coverage of the Flanaess.

Hope this helps.

GVD

Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:48 am  

Try this website for information regarding Keoland. It is the Living Greyhawk website, one of the better ones. The organizations is decent, and there are a lot of details to spice up a trip down to this region of Oerth.

http://keoland.living-greyhawk.com/

O-D
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:54 am  
    Re: Greyhawk source material

firenice wrote:
    I am also looking for legends, myths and lore. Things that may or may not be fact, but may allude to reasons for an incident to occur.

Well, I must point out that this is not canon, and is a shameless self promotion, but my Forgotten Gods of the Suloise and related articles here on CF are pretty heavy on that kind of stuff. If you're interested, just go to:

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Search

and search for "chatdemon", that should bring up a list of my stuff.

Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:00 am  

Actually, if you just follow the link to his userpage, you will see a list of ALL Chatdemon's submissions. Wink

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=chatdemon

Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:12 am  

I have a problem with finding some information, maps about Womtham (I have Best of Greyhawk, vol. 06 from this site) and Rel Mord. Could someone help me ?
    Novice

Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:53 am  

What is wrong with Womthan, I can`t find/get any informations
    about it ?
    Or there is something wrong with me ?
    Master Greytalker

Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:40 am  

Probably need to post on the General Boards about Womthan.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:28 am  
    Advantages of LG

Actually, the LG sites are great places for potential source material. Just Google for LG and your country, and you should get some good info.

I got a metric ton of stuff from the Yeomanry group for my campaign. Some I use, some I pitch, some I massage heavily before using.

Telas
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: