JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Shadow Walk
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- AD&D 2nd Edition
    Shadow Walk
    GreySage

Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:51 am  
    Shadow Walk

I want to clarify the particulars of this spell.

1) Since the duration is 6 turns/lvl, I assume the mage can Shadow Walk from place to place (Ex: Greyhawk City to Verbobonc to Dyvers, etc) as many times as he/she desires so long as this has not expired.

2) The mage can transport other creatures by way of this spell but ONLY when the spell is INITIALLY cast, right? The mage couldn't transport somebody with him/her later on even though the spell is still active, correct(Ex: mage Shadow Walks from Greyhawk City to Verbobonc, grabs somebody to transport them both to Dyvers)?

3) I assume random encounters should still be generated for the Shadow Walking wizard while on the Demiplane, yes? If so, is there a reference guide in 1e or 2e materials that I can use? I don't see anything written about the DemiPlane of Shadow in my Manual of the Planes beyond page 21, and this is scant indeed. Is the DemiPlane of Shadow considered part of the Ethereal? If so, is it Border, or Deep Ethereal? Confused

thanks,

-Lanthorn
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:05 pm  

The duration governs the maximum distance you can travel; a wizard cannot re-enter the demiplane of Shadow after leaving without casting the spell again. The Demiplane of Shadow, as a Demiplane, exists within the Ethereal plane, and has a couple pages devoted to it in Planescape's Guide to the Ethereal Plane.

There's an Ethereal encounter chart in that book, but it doesn't apply to Shadow. I guess it would be up to the DM as to whether there are encounters or not.

Jeff
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- AD&D 2nd Edition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: