Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Where are you placing Phandalin from the boxed setadventure?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 5th Edition
    Where are you placing Phandalin from the boxed setadventure?
    Novice

Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:36 pm  
    Where are you placing Phandalin from the boxed setadventure?

Where are you placing Phandalin from the boxed set adventure?

I haven't decided on my campaign location, but the wild coast always seems like a hit with my players.

jh

Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:00 pm  

I'm not. It's part of the Forgotten Realms, and I'm content to leave it there.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:47 pm  

The war torn village of Flandalin and the mines of Flandelver are in the Bone March in the Blemu Hills
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:03 pm  

Hiya.

I kept it in the FR, but I seriously considered putting it South-West of Highport along the Wild Coast. I would have changed the Goblins to be Kobolds too. I did briefly consider placing it on the west coast of Sunndi, south of Naerie City as well.

That said...we just finished our Sunday game in which we were playing LMoP (In FR, as is). Alas, the "tower encounter in Thundertree" gave us a TPK (actually, the Dragonborn managed to survive simply because of good rolls and his poison resistance...). So...next week it's back to Greyhawk baby! :D

Denakhan the Arch Mage

a.k.a., Paul L. Ming

Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:59 pm  

Just finished the module a few weeks ago. We played it the FR, altough my GM did have limited knowledge of the setting (he is now preparing himself to GM us Hoard of the Dragon Queen).
    I am thinking of GMing it for a group of friends of mine, but i am tempet to modify some things and set it up in the Yeomanry, maybe along its southern border with the Hellfurnaces, and creating a link with some ancient Suel Cabal from before the Rain of Colorless Fire.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:24 am  

I have placed it in the Gnarley Forest, near Dyvers...since I'm planning to unleash to my players, who are all new of GH, the Slavelords (with the adventure Slavers from old AD&D)

By the way, any suggestion how to put up a Earth Dragon Priest with 5th rules?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:33 am  

Mekorig wrote:
    Just finished the module a few weeks ago. We played it the FR, altough my GM did have limited knowledge of the setting (he is now preparing himself to GM us Hoard of the Dragon Queen).
    I am thinking of GMing it for a group of friends of mine, but i am tempet to modify some things and set it up in the Yeomanry, maybe along its southern border with the Hellfurnaces, and creating a link with some ancient Suel Cabal from before the Rain of Colorless Fire.

Sorry for necromancing an old thread, but i think it was worth it. I am actually running the box set, and i put Phandalin (Wandemere in my version) in a independant valley in the Jotens in the Yeomanry, north-east of Tucksvale and east of Fort William. So far, so good. The dealed with the gobling and right now are dealing with the Redbrands.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:28 am  

I placed Neverwinter into Radighast City in the County of Urnst. I moved Phandalin down the coast there between RC and Holbrook. I created a cart path that connected the Coast Road to the Great Road. There aren't mountains to the east like in the FR map, but it works given the situation.

The Red Brand bandits in Phandalin have come down from the Bandit Kingdoms to the north of Urnst. I had Thundertree be east of Radighast City and south of the border town of Trallant.
    Novice

Wed May 24, 2017 4:55 am  
    Re: Where are you placing Phandalin from the boxed setadvent

I replaced Phandalin with Hommlet in my game as well as used Hommlet as the Players base of operations in HotDQ. Basically I surrounded Hommlet with both MoP and HotDQ. It really made the NPC's standout.

Scott

emirikol2 wrote:
    Where are you placing Phandalin from the boxed set adventure?

I haven't decided on my campaign location, but the wild coast always seems like a hit with my players.

jh
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:17 pm  

I have placed it in teh Principality of Ulek on the north side of the Jewel River, the town is technically in Pomarj territory.

In this scenario Phandilen is less a town and more of an armed camp. I am also using it as an lead in to the Forge of Fury scenario in Tales from the Yawning Portal. I plan on running both of these and then making a brief segway to southern Keoland to run The Sentinel The Gauntlet before running the Slavers modules.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:03 pm  

I only tried it once and the campaign unfortunately has not moved forward enough for me to flesh it out.

Neverwinter became Hardby and Phandelver become Narwell in mine. The humanoids were remnants of the retreating Pomarj army.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 5th Edition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: