Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Newb Realms
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    Newb Realms
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:53 am  
    Newb Realms

I have been into greyhawk for a while now, kinda half heartedly but i keep coming back to it every time Shocked o.O

anyway i want to start up a game this week and would like to know some recomendations of some good newb realms to start up a campaign in based on teh quality of information in the particularly places entry in the Living greyhawk gazetteer, and whats easiest to work with.

I personally had in mind bandit lands or empire of iuz but maybe thats a bit..... of a death wish for a newb dm with new players *shrugs*

i hope my question made sense.

thanks in advance

Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:31 am  
    Re:

I really like The Hold Of The Sea Princes, what with the recent introduction of Cauldron and Sasserine...

Might I suggest the Kron Hills? They're hills, thus allowing you to pour in typical hill races, yet close to three towns of interest that are detailed in modules (Rastor, Hommlet and Nulb)
    And the best thing is, Verbobonc's not that far away, so you could have them pop over in order to do some research or city adventuring.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:25 pm  

i'm not using dungeon magazine, i cant keep up with them anymore that on top of the book s i nee dto buy is a bit too much for me being 19 unemployed and studying.

the only city of adventure i have from dungeon is hardby.

i have about probably 12 dungeon issues in my wardrobe and well my newsagent stopped selling it cuase i used to pick itup when there was something in it tha ti was interested in.

i missed istivin city of shadows Sad

hopefully i dont miss iron gate whenever that is
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:33 am  

I used the Yeomanry, partly because I have a thing for teutonic democracies, and partly because I found a wealth of stuff for it on the Living Greyhawk site.

(Yes, I actually said, on Canonfire!, that I received assistance from an LG source.)

It's a Yahoo group, and I got religions, town descriptions, plot ideas, politics, and other info from their Files section. While I've changed a LOT of it, it's a good starting point.

Of course, you can do the same for any LG group; it doesn't have to be the Yeomanry.

Telas
    Novice

Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:34 am  
    Yeomanry Rules

I love the Yeomanry and is where I started my first Online Gaming Nook @ a PBP board... Though I may be a bit Biased, I think the Freeholders are an excellent place for a new GH (or an Old GH fan like me) GM to set up shop...

The RPGA site for the Yeomanry is also quite detailed with PDF's to read and flesh out for a campaign of your own...

:)
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: