JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - The Oerth Journal
    Canonfire Forum Index -> The Oerth Journal
    The Oerth Journal
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:27 pm  
    The Oerth Journal

Whats going on with the link? I don't even like flowers.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:31 am  

You probably visited a dead link that has been bought up by someone.

A simple search (or scrolling down on the main forum page just a bit) would lead you to here: http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=33&sid=14c7230d8c5345d510b4af66fb22dbc1

And perhaps to here: http://oerthjournal.blogspot.com/p/oerth-journal-downloads.html

Or here: http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=2

See the first link for the most pertinent information though, which is where this thread is getting moved to. Wink

Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:30 am  

good call ceb. i knew i shouldn't post it there but didn't see this. thanks
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:38 am  

But you KNOW royal jelly are me really helpful...

rolleyes

journal one issue one was rivetting Happy
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:44 pm  

Hmm, probably not riveting. Laughing However, we managed to get it out. And that was, at the time, a feat in and of itself. We were a group of DM's trying madly to just get something "Greyhawkish" out on a very young platform (AOL was our primary meeting place). BluOgre (I think), Bluesponge (Tom Harrison) and I started the Council of Greyhawk in '95 and we were joined in short order by many TSR luminaries, and one Iquander (along with many other fine people who were very involved with trying to keep Greyhawk alive).

While the initial OJ was NOT riveting, it was Greyhawk material, and it did provide something for a community that was starving for anything to do with Greyhawk. AND some good did come of it. There have been 24 journals that came after, that continually got better. It allowed some really talented people (Erik Mona, Gary Holian and others) a pathway to work with TSR/WotC and for Erik especially, it provided not only his livelihood [and he was just a KID and a sidekick when he started with us!], but also gave him a path to share his talent with the whole RPG gaming community.

If the Council of Greyhawk had not have existed, and if OJ 1 had not have happened, it is likely that that the particular set of circumstances that followed (Erik, Gary and I and some others getting to work with TSR/WotC, Erik's eventual move to WotC and Paizo) would probably not have come to pass.

So, while the initial OJ is a bit dilapidated and sad (especially in comparison with its later iterations), I am still more than happy that it happened. AND I am more than glad that I got to work with people like QSam (who was a wit and very insightful soul about Greyhawk), and Tom, and Erik, and Gary, and Len, and Wolfgang, and Sean, and Roger and all of the other very talented people that participated with the Council, and gave the OJ some legs that ran well, and long.

Just sayin',

Steve Wilson
    Tamerlain
    GreySage

Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:24 pm  

Thank you, Steve, for the work you and the others you mentioned put into the OJ. It has certainly provided many hours of entertainment for myself and many other Greyhawk fans through the years. I am proud to be doing my small part to keep it going with another issue and hope to pass that torch on to others in the future. Smile

SirXaris

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:42 am  

So....all links seem broken. Where can I find an index with old links?
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:28 pm  

Just a heads up to anyone who might not know where to find The Oerth Journal issues...

All Oerth Journals may be found here:

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=13
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: