JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - From the Sorcerer's Scroll
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    From the Sorcerer's Scroll
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:04 am  
    From the Sorcerer's Scroll

In the older Dragon mags this section for issues I believe had events that were transpiring around the Flanaess. I think it started in issue 56. Did anyone ever gather them together in one set? Or if not does anyone know all they issues that this info appeared in.

Thanks,

Maraudar
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:54 pm  
    Dragon Magazine Archives

Marauder,

If you can get your hands on the Dragon Magazine archives on CD ROM, all of these articles (as well as 250 issues of Dragon) will be at your fingertips. I have not seen it offered at SVGames anymore, perhaps they are out, but keep your eyes peeled at game stores or in computer sales. I reviewed the product here:

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=69

Meanwhile, here is the info you eek:

Issue 55 has some general Greyhawk information (though by now it is old news, i.e. descriptions of the different human races, atc.)

Issue 56 starts with a discussion of the Wolf Nomads, Iuz and the Battle of Blackwater, and some great stuff on the Horned Society.

Issue 57 goes from the Hold of Stonefists and the Bone March to the South Province.

Issue 59 has the introduction of the Demonic Knights of Doom.

Issue 63 has a great little map of the Bandit Kingdoms as well as discussions on the See of Medegia and the Solnor Ocean nations.

Issue 65 discusses some naval engagements of Nyrond, the Spendrifts, and Almor.

Issue 68 has an article on weather in GH.

Finally, for those of you with a historical interest, in Issue 37 Gary Gygax discusses the first release of the Greyhawk Fantasy setting. Great read and really a must read for all of us GH fans.

I think that is about it, there may be an article here and there that I missed, but this is a start anyway.

Happy gaming!

O-D
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:48 pm  

Thanks O-D. I do have to pick up the cd eventually I guess. I t is one of the few things I dont have.

MAraudar
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:01 am  

Good luck on finding the Dragon mag CD. Pretty hard to find, and generally goes for around $80-$90 on eBay. Good stuff though, very good. I think it's not on SVGames anymore because of impending legal troubles with the CD and non-authorized images, advertisement, etc. Although, all of that may have been settled already.

..........................................Omote
    FPQ
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: