Username Password
   or Create an Account
HomeForumsFAQArticlesReviewsDownloadsLinksTop 20Feedback
 Features

Greyhawk Wiki
Is Down :(

Canonfire :: View topic - My players always ask about this (Boccob related)
My players always ask about this (Boccob related)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutemi
Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: My players always ask about this (Boccob related) Reply with quote

"Hey DM, if Boccob really is the Uncaring One, what does he care what his clerics do? Why does he care about magic and what happens to it? Is he the Uncaring One or what?"

An irritating question(s) and a quick way to get under my skin. Any advice?
Cebrion
Black Hand of Oblivion
Black Hand of Oblivion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boccob is pretty much unconcerned with anything other than magic and knowledge relating to it. He does have his interests. They are just not the general interests most would care about.

And so Bococb has a *nickname*, and that is the extent of it. Boccob is *NOT* a god of apathy. Such a god would be associated with insanity/the Plane of Pandemonium.

Tell your players that, if they want to test the "Uncaring" theory, have their characters run about murdering Boccob's clerics, burning down his temple-library-magical repositories, and profane/abuse magic in all ways that they can. I am sure Boccob totally won't care about the destruction/abuse of the only things he cares about. Evil Grin Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: