JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Finding home games
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Finding home games
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:28 pm  
    Finding home games

So I'm starting a thread to locate home games. This may evolve into a full-blown forum.

Anyway, I'll start. I'm in the SeaTac area looking for a Greyhawk fix. C'mon, man, give a brutha a break.
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:14 pm  

Are you asking for the gaming location or the currently used Greyhawk region?

I live in Würzburg, Germany.

I DM in the Griff Mountains, near Skrellingshald, and on the eastern side of the Gnarley Forest; means, in the Lortmill Mountains and in Verbobonc. (Currently preparing the ToEE - Saga.)

Period.

Any players interested in joining German or English speaking RPG groups in my region, if you manage to stop by, you're welcome!

Happy

Last edited by Le Noir Faineant on Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:50 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Master Greytalker

Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:48 pm  
    Georgia

Well I live in the hinterlands of Georgia and play in Gran March. Well, I do now, since they destroyed the Wild Coast. Who thought of that anyway?
    Mad Archmage of the Oerth Journal

Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:41 pm  
    =)

I live in Ohio, b/w Sandusky and Mansfield roughly, 2 hours north of Columbus. 45 minutes south of Cedar Point.
    I generally, run an adventure anyplace in the Flanaess and design many of my own adventures. players are scarce so we run sometimes with 3 or less. More may be welcome once we move.
    http://www.oerthjournal.com http://www.greyhawkonline.com/duicarthan
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:44 pm  

Concord, New Hampshire -- my restrictions are more schedule-related than location. But if anyone else is around, something might be worked out.

Cheers
    Nell.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:18 pm  

I call home the Forlorn Forest however,
    my current treefort is located south of the city of High Folks.
    Otherwise known to commoners as Madison WI Laughing

Needing old school play many minitures + Dwarven Forge tiles.
    Can travel lightly if needed.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:51 pm  
    well

I'll be damned, another Madisonion. I just happen to be from that quaint place called Madison myself. Shocked

Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:45 am  
    Hey Nell

Hey Nell, what are you doing reading posts, you are supposed to be editing the OJ. Happy

I may just follow you around harrassing until we see resutls.

Hey Admins... can we block him till he produces?

BTW, I thought when we moved my wife's Gram out of Derry, we turned off the lights in NH Happy
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:17 am  

Howdy. Been a while since I contributed here, since I rarely get to play anymore. Still lurk fairly often, because of the wealth of GH info all you knowledgable people provide.

Anyway, my campaign (which is pre-war) originates in the City of Greyhawk, but has recently relocated up north to the Theocracy of the Pale. But it's not called that anymore. One of my player's PC's is a priest of Trithereon whose family was exiled from the Pale when he was just a boy. I didn't really expect that to be any more than a background when we first started the campaign, but as any DM knows, the players will often do the unexpected. So he spent much of his adventuring life gathering treasure and allies with an end goal of marching on Wintershiven and taking the whole country. Without going into detail, he was successful, although there is still much work to be done. The next goal is to march into the Troll Fens and try to take care of that problem. I am modifying G1 (and possibly 2 and 3), replacing the giants with trolls.

My problem is that one player lives far upstate and another lives in Hawaii, which leaves me only two local players. We usually meet 2 or 3 times a month and play D&D Miniatures or Steve Jackson's Munchkin. Continuing the campaign seems to only happen during Christmas and Easter when the other two are home visiting family. But if there is anyone nearby who'd like to join an existing campaign or start a new one (as a player or a DM - I'd love to give up the DM reigns for a while), or just play a game of minis and Munchkin with us, come on over!

I'm in Putnam County, New York. Just over an hour drive from NYC.

Thanks,
    Lennis
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:31 am  
    Re: Hey Nell

Anced_Math wrote:
    BTW, I thought when we moved my wife's Gram out of Derry, we turned off the lights in NH Happy

You might've, if Derry was New Hampshire. But if it's south of Manchester, it's just a suburb of Boston. A cleaner, safer, suburb, with no sales tax and no income tax...but not real New Hampshire.

Wink
    Nell.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:34 am  

My goal here was to find a game in my area, but finding out how far this shared hallucination has spread is cool too.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:52 am  

I've run two games in the last six years, one based out of Dyvers which wound up revolving around the Pomarj and the second (and ongoing campaign) from Lendore. I was also playing in a game which moved from Greyhawk City to Hommlett in the mid 1980's. All of the games have been pre-wars in time setting.

I live in Surrey B.C. but the Dyvers game ran in Quebec and the Hommleet crew was from Ontario.

Good thing Greyhawk is portable. :)

Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:58 am  
    Who do you love, er where to you game

In RL we game at my pad near JPL in Pasadena/La Canada just outside LA. We had four campaigns running (each DM has had to quit DMing for a while to attend to RL exigencies, but somehow has time to play ;-). All of them were east of the Lortmils (or inside them). We just had a convergence last time and collapsed them into two; 1) as a sidetrek to the 2) larger campaign.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:03 pm  

My home group is in the Lehigh Valley region of PA, with members who have come from as far as the Poconos or western NJ.

Our home campaign takes places primarily on the Pomarj in a home-brewed city called Obsidian Bay between Blue and Stoneheim.

We started out about 9 years ago in the Great Kingdom (our DM was planning on using the Ivid the Undying material), but we made too many enemies in Innspa/Adri Forest and had to flee, and ended up in the Pomarj, where our primary DM had his college campaign based.

We have had a couple of sub-campaigns: I ran the RttToEE for two years (Verbobonc/Kron Hills), and our current sub-campaign involves doing some archeology type stuff in ancient Flan lands across the Flannaess.

Here's our campign site:
    http://www.nuketown.com/griff/
    Master Greytalker

Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:35 pm  
    Hey Nell

Hey Nell,

Well, I am not an expert on your state, but I had a great time. They lived in East Derry, though Derry certainly didnt seem big enough to justify regions.

If they are not true New Hampshire, I am sure I am not ready for the real thing Happy Five or six generations up there, I am sure they probably qualify.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:35 pm  

Well just to join in....

Our campaign is set in Southern Keoland at the moment, then leading of to the Pomarj.

I DM for 8 players in Portsmouth, Hampshire, United Kingdom.

Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:03 am  

Two guys from Madison? I just moved to New York City six months ago, prior to that born and raised in Madtown, graduated from the UW. Too bad we didn't bump into each other sooner, always looking for extra PCs in my campaign.

Since my players are all living in Madison, and I'm in NYC, my campaign is temporarily on hiatus - time being put to good use writing new material. As for the location, I've got 12 PCs, plus numerous NPCs, separated into four different groups in various parts of the Flanaess - one group hacking their way through the Suss, one adventuring near White Plume, another in the Abbor Alz, and yet a fourth in the city of Sigil (OK, I guess that doesn't count as the Flanaess).

I've given my PCs license to go where they want and do what they want, rather than bending them towards pre-written adventures or modules that I've selected, and the result has been really excellent. Parties have intermixed often, so most of the PCs have a history with each other, making for happy reunions whenever their paths cross again.
    CF Admin

Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:12 am  

I live about 35 mins north of Madison in Baraboo, heh.

Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:29 am  

Well, getting in on this one, I'm way down South on the Mississippi Gulf Coast in Gulfport, and we are currently playing north of Thornward in a homemade town called Vailwood, though this current campaign has taken us from one end of the Sheldomar Valley to the other.

Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:55 am  
    I'm still here!

Hello! Currently i am in London for the school semester but i will be returning to my home in Los Angeles. Then i will continue my ToEE campaign. As for the RPGA, that is the Nyrond area.

Grey Mouser

'I drank what?' - Socrates
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:54 am  

Currently I have a Greyhawk home game running every saturday night in Cleveland Ohio. Right now the group is plenty full with 8 players. This campaign is a true GH campaign, using as much canonical material as possible. I use almost exclusivley my own adventures. My campaign is centerned around the Dreadwood, Gradsul, northern Sea Princes, and into the Yeomanry. This game has been running with 7-9 people in it for almost a year now. Quite a good game that i'm proud of :)

There is another game going in in Cleveland, Ohio at a shop called "The Warzone." The game at it's core is 'Hawk, but not very much of the setting is utilized in the traditional way. Currently that game is dungeon stomping through Rappan Athuk, somewhere in the Good Hills I think.

Always looking for more Greyhawk in Clevleand!

...............................................Omote
    FPQ

Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:58 pm  

Madisonians Unite! Happy East High grad, UW attendee ('til I was kicked out).

Uh... anyhow. Yeah, I'm a Cheesehead. But I now live in Long Beach, which is basically a suburb of Los Angeles.

My current Greyhawk game is in the southern Keoland/Ulek states area. Players get hundreds (okay, dozens) of plot hooks, and follow whatever ones they want. Sometimes this is too easy for the PCs (4th level party vs. 1st level encounter). Sometimes this is too hard (they're heading into a 7th level encounter). Usually it's just right. But I can't say it's very close to canon. And it's 3.5...

I also play in a Greyhawk game just a couple of minutes away. Very strong canon ties, and set in Tehn. Fun, and we're just getting to 4th level. Also 3.5...

Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:43 pm  
    Hello All

Hello All,

I have a request....

Tedra, Omote, Firepower, Yabusama (I know that you are already involved)

I need your help in the Gran March Project. Nothing big, I just want the impression that people who adventure near, but outside gran march have of it. We will be publishing some draft stuff in the coming months, and I would ask that you review it, and then give us some feed back as if you were a resident (and please state type, i.e. human peasant, dwarf noble, elf wizard, halfing sailor, gnome general, etc.,) of the neighboring country.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:28 am  

Hmm, sounds interesting. I'd be happy to review AM and tell you what I think. I look forward to it. Post it up or e-mail me, Omote076 (at) AOL (dot) COM.

......................................Omote
    FPQ

Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:53 am  

No problem, AM. Happy to help out. Smile

Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:29 am  

I have and will run a Greyhawk campaign in the Seattle area, but am not currently (I'm in school for the next few months, hopefully I'll be ready to start around autumn(?)). I'm currently a player in a Mystara campaign in Federal Way, but some of us would like to move that a bit closer to downtown.

Pre-Wars, based in Wild Coast/Hardby/Verbobonc. My players (the same group as the Mystara campaign) are all new to Greyhawk, so lots of greyness, getting familiar with icons and themes of the setting, getting a general grasp of the overall history & races, etc.

Man, this has got me thinking...now I can't wait for school to be over! :-)

I didn't design the world,
    I merely facilitated its creation
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:49 am  

I live in Tacoma and curently DM a weekly game set in the Domain of Greyhawk area.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:48 am  

Got an extra seat?
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:22 am  

Not at the moment, unfortunatly, I have 7 players right now and quite honestly that is enough (Maybe even 1 to many) for my comfort... but if something opens up in the future I will let you know.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:45 pm  

I guess that means it's time for me to open up a table.

I got 5 seats ('cause household 6 always gets first dibs) in the Tacoma area. PM or email me if you're interested.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:55 pm  

I will soon be starting a game in Calgary, Alberta. Starting in Thornward, level 1, CY 592 or so.

Currently have three players signed up - can accept 1-2 more if experienced role players with interest in plot directed but player driven campaign.

Morgan

Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:48 pm  

I’m also another Wisconsinite, Live and play in Oshkosh 10 players. My party is currently in The Temple of Elemental Evil. This is first time I ever played this module. I can’t believe I waited 21 years to play it, and having a great time. Smile
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: