Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Canonfire! Facebook Group Out of (The Plane of) Limbo
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Canonfire! Facebook Group Out of (The Plane of) Limbo
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:49 pm  
    Canonfire! Facebook Group Out of (The Plane of) Limbo

Facebook has finally given us the ability to assign Admins and Moderators to the Canonfire! Facebook Group! Allen "Grodog" and Mike "Mortellen" are Admins and I am the lone Moderator for now.

Canonfire! Facebook Group Link

I have added a link to this website in a pinned post and posted my first Canonfire! Website Highlight talking up the Oerth Journal Download Page with a very brief history.

It would be great if we could highlight a section, article, feature of this site once or twice a week. There are a ton of Greyhawk themed Facebook Groups out there and I think we need to leverage the deep resources of this site to bring new eyes to some amazing content.

There is a lot of Greyhawk content being generated outside of Canonfire! Numerous blogs, a weekly 5e stream on Twitch.com (The Greyhawk Channel), Music (Bards of Greyhawk), FB Groups, a fan run Living Campaign (Greyhawk Reborn), Webcomics, ect. Let's connect up with the greater community.
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:29 pm  

+1.

Speaking of leveraging our deep resources, someone REALLY needs to fix the forum search here, especially now that google site search is gone. This place is a freaking library, but one would never know. I've posted about this multiple times and little has been done.

For starters, could someone change the broken link from "cf" to "cf"? Then fix the debug errors and other problems.

/rant.

Sorry to hijack your thread. I'm excited to see us have more of a social media presence too.
    Forum Moderator

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:10 pm  

The links and things have been in disarray and I don't have any good answers. This is an old site that probably needs archived or migrated someday.

However, Saracenus is a champ for taking the group in a new direction using our old material.
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:21 am  

I cannot speak to the state of the Canonfire! website (above my paygrade, and everything is >0), but the Facebook Group can have some reach.

I can lead people here, but how we integrate them and provided a site worthy of their attention, that is horse of a different color.

There is a ton of pent up Greyhawk interest out there. We can either be a part of that or it will pass us by, again.

It is my hope that people will read some of the rich history here and get inspired. I hope that the folks here will be inspired in return.
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:35 am  

So, since we resurrected the Canonfire! FB Group we have had more activity in the past week or so, than at least a year.

Since I have made us known on 2 other Greyhawk groups, we have welcomed 47 new members in the past 48 hours.

We have had a casting call for a new Twitch.tv live stream campaign set in the Bandit Kingdoms (I have posted details in the 5th Edition D&D forums).

I am starting to get questions about the website. Broken links have come up as has one tech support question I referred to the help section of this forum.

This is all very encouraging.

I have a plan for the FB Group and how it is differentiated from the myriad other Greyhawk Facebook Groups out there. We need to discuss how this website will respond to the influx of new eyes that the FB Group is generating. Because, there are a lot of eyes out there. I do not think the default passive, "they will come to us" position is healthy for this site.

Sages of Oerth-Greyhawk has 1,600+ members to our 274 (as of this morning's count) alone. DM Shane on the Twitch.tv Greyhawk Channel has his following.
    Novice

Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:01 am  

mortellan wrote:
    The links and things have been in disarray and I don't have any good answers. This is an old site that probably needs archived or migrated someday.

However, Saracenus is a champ for taking the group in a new direction using our old material.

As Saracenus mentioned, FB has the potential to reach a pretty broad swath of the fanbase, both new and old - hell, most people new to the hobby aren't aware of Greyhawk and all the rich content that it has.

With that being said, I sent an e-mail into the Webmaster e-mail address a couple of days ago that I was hoping someone had the chance to look at.

If there's ever a consensus about potentially migrating to a different platform, please feel free to reach out.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: