JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Mordenkainen's OTHER Fantastic Adventures
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Mordenkainen's OTHER Fantastic Adventures
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:14 pm  
    Mordenkainen's OTHER Fantastic Adventures

I recently ran WG5 and the players really enjoyed playing the Citadel of Eight pregens, peeking "behind the screen" at their stats and personalities, and having a little influence on GH history. This got me thinking about what other one-shot adventures I could run with iconic pregens for the players.

Obviously, less remarkable pregens from other classic modules (G1-3, C1-2, WG6, etc) have gained fame over the years -- but what adventures would be appropriate for the CoE and the Lake Geneva PC's?

I think the best candidate is Tomb of Horrors: it's almost too deadly for a long-term campaign and its stock pregens are nameless. Meanwhile, we know Tenser and Robilar survived the Tomb, as did James Ward with an incarnation of Ren for Gary to playtest the thief class. Tenser, Robilar, and Ren start to sound like a cool party; throw in a second one of Ernie's PC's, Serten, and that makes four players and and all four classes.

Here's some more famous personages that either played in classic modules or later canon says they did, what am I missing?:
    *City of the Gods - Mordenkainen & Robilar
    *Dark Druids (Gnarley) - Drawmij
    *ToEE (original) - most of the T1-4 NPC's, plus Robilar, Quij, and Serten
    *Isle of the Ape (original) - Tenser, Robilar, Terik, Merlynd (sic)
    *Freeing of Iuz beneath CG: Bigby, Tenser, Robilar, Quij, Rigby, Neb Retnar
    *Castle Greyhawk/Fraz-urb-luu/Mars - Erac's Cousin
    *Castle Greyhawk/China - Tenser, Robilar
    *Night of the Black Swords - Lassiviren the Younger is just a thinly veiled stand-in for Lassiviren the Dark, with similar stats and the same rings of flying and invisibility.
    *Vecna Lives - CoE
    CF Admin

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:37 am  
    Re: Mordenkainen's OTHER Fantastic Adventures

vestcoat wrote:
    Here's some more famous personages that either played in classic modules or later canon says they did, what am I missing?:
    *City of the Gods - Mordenkainen & Robilar
    *Dark Druids (Gnarley) - Drawmij

IIRC one of Skip Williams' PCs also played DD.

vestcoat wrote:

*Castle Greyhawk/Fraz-urb-luu/Mars - Erac's Cousin

+Aylerarch (sp?).

In addition to the above:

- the list of players who played through Bottle City is included in that module, although the PC names are not tagged specifically: Don Arndt, Dave Arneson, Brian Blume, Bob Burman, Mike Carr, Tom Christansen, Joe Fischer, Joe Goodfellow, Ernie Gygax, Don Kaye, Terry Kuntz, Dave Meggary, Mike Mornard, Debbie Nafzigger, Mark Ratner, David Sutherland, Jim Ward, and Skip Williams
    - EGG's story "Faceless Men & Clockwork Monsters" in TD#17 included some famous PCs
    - EGG's other stories too, in particular "The Black Reservoir"; see my list @ http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/gh_castle_sources.html and http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/gh_castle_sources_details.html

Some of the "Up on a Soapbox" stories recount some specifics, too: http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/gh_castle_sources_soapbox.html

You may also want to revisit this DF thread: https://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=319767#p319767

Allan.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:12 pm  

How about playing the Animus rulers of the Great Kingdom?? Lol

Anyway, Isle of the Ape or WGR1 would be appropriate.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: