JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Page Length Change
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Canonfire! & GreyTalk Support and Feedback
    Page Length Change
    Master Greytalker

Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:29 pm  
    Page Length Change

It seems that page displays have gotten about four times longer recently.
    I haven't changed my browser or my display settings.
    For example, the campaign journal I post used to be spread over eight pages, but now it fills just two, although I don't appear to have lost any posts.

Not a problem, per se - I guess I just need a confirmation that there was nothing I did / nothing I need to do.
    My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
    Forum Moderator

Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:00 pm  

I believe Gary implemented this to help the people who use the Journal feature.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:44 am  

Longetalos wrote:
    I believe Gary implemented this to help the people who use the Journal feature.

Ah, thanks.
    My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
    Sage of Canonfire

Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:06 pm  

Hey Kirt!

Hope this finds you well. Yeah, I made the change, to help find something. But we can see if its a user option, maybe everyone can set it for themselves.

I told some of the guys about the astronomy/astrology work we did in the 90s. Did you ever happen to keep a copy of it? Mine is long gone, alas too many computer failures over the years without good backups.

Anyway, glad to see you are still around. We ancient greytalkers are a dying breed. But there seems to be a second (3rd, 4th, 5th?) wind in the community lately.

-Gary

Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:45 pm  

PSmedger wrote:
    I told some of the guys about the astronomy/astrology work we did in the 90s. Did you ever happen to keep a copy of it? Mine is long gone, alas too many computer failures over the years without good backups.

Hey Gary!
    Nice to hear from you directly. I am in SoCal now, in the mountains above Palm Springs. I checked my papers after the move and I don't think I have a paper copy of the astrology stuff. There is a reasonable chance that it is stored on one or more mac-formatted 3.5" floppies (!) that I have saved but currently have no way to read. I have been considering getting an external 3.5 floppy reader to plug into my PC laptop or mac desktop - if there are any you would recommend I can see if I can work some necromantic magic.

The closest I got to your neck of the woods was two years ago when my daughter applied to UC Santa Cruz and we took a tour, but she ended up going to Macalester in St. Paul, MN.

Do let me know if you ever get down south here.

Kirt
    Master Greytalker

Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:06 pm  

Anonymous wrote:

Hey Gary!
    stuff
    Kirt

Not sure why it recorded me as Guest, but that was me.
    Sage of Canonfire

Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:08 pm  

Hey Kirt!

Sorry I missed your response the first time, not sure how you got listed as a guest, but probably logged out somehow.

Sadly, I probably lost a lot of my materials from the 90s, due to dead or dying hard drives and floppies. I wouldn't be too optimistic. 3.5" floppies were so unreliable, its hard to imagine it could survive in tact 25 years later. If only we had the cloud back then!

Here is a drive: https://www.amazon.com/RAAYOO-External-Portable-Diskette-Notebook/dp/B077HDT19H/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=3.5+inch+floppy&qid=1603494414&sr=8-2

No idea if it would work.

Well, we might have to recreate some of the material. Looking into making a model "solar" system for Greyspace for fun. Maybe we can build some things back up slowly. The idea of an astrology system for PCs could still be amusing.

-Gary
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Canonfire! & GreyTalk Support and Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
    You can reply to topics in this forum
    You can edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Canonfire! is a production of the Thursday Group in assocation with GREYtalk and Canonfire! Enterprises

Contact the Webmaster.  Long Live Spidasa!

Greyhawk Gothic Font by Darlene Pekul is used under the Creative Commons License.

PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2005 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL. PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license.
    Page Generation: 0.31 Seconds