ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Missing Oeridian Power portfolios
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Missing Oeridian Power portfolios
    GreySage

Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:24 pm  
    Missing Oeridian Power portfolios

Hello once more All,

MANY moons ago the writers of the now-defunct Dragon Magazine helped round out the Oeridian Powers by writing some articles about Atroa, Delleb, and Kurell (Sept 1999, #263 issue), Raxivort and Sotillion (Oct 1999, #264 issue), and finally, Rudd and Telchur (Nov 1999, #265 issue).

Sadly, frustratingly (!), to my knowledge, NO follow-up article or issue included the rest of the Oeridian agricultural family of Velnius and Wenta! Mad

What I am asking for is the EXACT same 2e format of those two Powers to complete my 'library' for use. If you know of a Dragon Magazine issue that DID add both Velnius and Wenta, please direct me to that issue (if it is permissible to download without breaking any rules), or send me a write-up.

thank you!

Lanthorn
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:46 am  

Doesn't exist in Dragon or any other source that I know of. Always thought it was weird that Raxivort was included in these articles.
    GreySage

Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:55 pm  

As I said in smillan's other thread, what happened was that the "Powers of Greyhawk" reference card in From the Ashes accidentally omitted Wenta and miscatagorized Raxivort as an Oeridian deity.

Since Andy Miller was using From the Ashes as his source, he took the reference card at its word and wrote an article about Raxivort, but not Wenta, who he didn't realize existed.

This is also why Dragon #264 describes Sotillion as a harvest deity, even though Wenta is supposed to be the goddess of the harvest.

He did know about Velnius (who is mentioned in the Telchur, Atroa, and Sotillion articles) but for whatever reason he didn't make the cut.

Though she's unlike Wenta in a number of ways, you could borrow some of the information from the Anglo-Saxon goddess Nerthus's priesthood in Dragon #263 for Wenta.
    GreySage

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:06 am  

Gents,

This is very unfortunate and aggravating news to read, but I thank you for your input. Mad Oh well.

Does anyone have suggestions as to the following with respect to both Wenta and Velnius, in that case?

1) Cleric alignment
    2) Weapons permitted
    3) Armor permitted
    4) Spells Spheres (denote Major and Minor access)
    5) Special Powers granted to Specialty Priests

thank you

Lanthorn
    Master Greytalker

Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:56 am  

Lanthorn wrote:
    Gents,

This is very unfortunate and aggravating news to read, but I thank you for your input. Mad Oh well.

Does anyone have suggestions as to the following with respect to both Wenta and Velnius, in that case?

1) Cleric alignment
    2) Weapons permitted
    3) Armor permitted
    4) Spells Spheres (denote Major and Minor access)
    5) Special Powers granted to Specialty Priests

thank you

Lanthorn

You might consider the Deitybase.
    GreySage

Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:27 am  

DMPrata,

I have indeed cross-referenced that source for potential ideas!

Anyone else?

thank you,

Lanthorn
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: